Opening ISO files with XBMC
I have a tv show that's backed on to discs into iso files. How can I open them with XBMC? I'm operating on Windows 7 Pro. I've googled it and combed through the forums but can't find any info on this. Any info i find is from an older version of xbmc.

Thanks in advance for your input and advice Smile
iso should play fine. my whole library is iso files. are you running a recent build?
Desisuperman, if you access the ISOs as files it's enough to select them as you normally do for whatever video file.

If you want them in your library (it's a TV show), I copy from the wiki:

Multi-part Episodes
Handling of multi-part episodes (two part episodes in one file, multiple episodes in DVD images, etc.) is supported. The first matched tvshowmatching regexp and "[-EeXx]+([0-9]+)" will be repeatedly applied against a file name until no more seasons or episodes are found.
This allows for file names such as
foo_s01e01e02e03_s02e01e02
foo104-05-06-201-02
foo1x07x08x09

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
note that we can only play dvd (and in master - bd) iso's. not data cd isos.
Oh, spiff is right as usual... the ISOs need to be DVD-Video ISOs. Otherwise what's the point in keeping ISOs if they are just a backup of separate files... Huh
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
hrmm ok.. i tired accessing the files through the library and nothing happens when i click on the files. I am using a recent build. I will try other iso files and see if it makes a difference. it maybe an issue specific to the iso i'm trying to access. i will report back with my findings.
Desisuperman... are these ISOs ripped DVDs or are they simple copies of files you put on a DVD? If it's the latter, XBMC does not support it. If you want a single file container you can use RAR... although I've never understood the point in that.
just to update i have tried other iso's and it works fine. i was trying to play Arrested Development in an ISO format (disck1, 2, 3) and for whatever reason nothing would happen when i tried playing it.
(2011-06-22, 12:52)ashlar Wrote: @ashlar
Multi-part Episodes
Handling of multi-part episodes (two part episodes in one file, multiple episodes in DVD images, etc.) is supported. The first matched tvshowmatching regexp and "[-EeXx]+([0-9]+)" will be repeatedly applied against a file name until no more seasons or episodes are found.
This allows for file names such as
foo_s01e01e02e03_s02e01e02
foo104-05-06-201-02
foo1x07x08x09

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows

I have a problem and need advice. I use XBMC Eden and have an entire tv series as iso. I have them as foo.season1.d1.1, foo.season1.d1.2, foo.season1.d2.1.. and so on. I use VLC as the media player as it plays the iso images outside XBMC. Problems I face -
1. I see the iso for the disks in XBMC but when I click on a image, it shows "external player active. click OK when done". May be it is starting VLC. But I cannot see or hear anything. Does this need any special setup to play ISOs inside XBMC?
2. Downloading fanart - I tried to get fan art for this series through thetvdb.com and nothing is available. Is there a way (instructions) I can get the fanart and update manually?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opening ISO files with XBMC0