[Windows] DXVA2 enabled but not working on Nvidia ION/Windows 7
I have a Lenovo C200 running Windows 7 and XBMC 10.1. It has an Nvidia ION2 GPU and DXVA2 is detected and enabled in XBMC (see render settings screenshot).

However, when I play any H.264 video hardware acceleration is not used. Decoding is done on the CPU using the software codec (ff-264) and playback is jerky and slow (see on-screen display screenshot).

Additional XBMC output is attached, including screenshots and log with debugging enabled.
System info - Summary information
System info - Hardware information
System info - Video information
Debug log file

-- Update --
I noticed while reviewing my above screenshots that XBMC's video information lists the GPU as an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, rather than an Nvidia ION. The Lenovo C200 contains both an integrated GMA and a discrete ION GPU, and XBMC is detecting the former.
I will try searching for a BIOS setting to enable the Nvidia ION GPU. If anyone can suggest any other reasons why the GMA is being selected please respond, but I suspect I'm on the right path.
Hi there. I have fully working setup:
- Zotac ID40 (ION2, 4GB, SSD, Atom 1,8 x 2)
- Win7 x64 Ultimate.
- Xbmc 2011/june..
- full HD out via HDMI.
- DXVA2 enabled.

H264 (mp4 & mkv containers) works like a charm from Smb share. 0 Drop frames..
XBMC detect only active GPU. If you connect TV or Display to the onboard graphiс card then heis been active. Reatach TV to the ION GPU Output.
realjobe Wrote:Hi there. I have fully working setup:
- Zotac ID40 (ION2, 4GB, SSD, Atom 1,8 x 2)
- Win7 x64 Ultimate.
- Xbmc 2011/june..
- full HD out via HDMI.
- DXVA2 enabled.

H264 (mp4 & mkv containers) works like a charm from Smb share. 0 Drop frames..

Can you tell me which Nvidia driver version you are using?
And do you also play Blu-rays succesfully, e.g., without drops?
XBMC doesn't deal correctly with the Optimus stuff. Nobody on the team has one of those, so we're waiting for a user who's not afraid of Visual Studio to help figure this out.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
LordMerlin Wrote:XBMC detect only active GPU. If you connect TV or Display to the onboard graphiс EDIT-connection-EDIT then this is active. Reatach TV to the ION GPU Output EDIT-the HDMI plug on your discrete graphics card-EDIT.

+1
(you may still need to adjust BIOS settings to activate the PCIe graphics card(ie disable the onboard graphics).
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
sg17681 Wrote:Can you tell me which Nvidia driver version you are using?
And do you also play Blu-rays succesfully, e.g., without drops?

"280.26-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql" for ION2.
I rip BlueRays into .iso files, they play just great.
Some I converted into fullHD h264 & dts/True .mkv (subs added into it) and also no flaws..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] DXVA2 enabled but not working on Nvidia ION/Windows 70