MPC-HC Help
Aha, you have an error in your playercorefactory.xml. The relevant log entries are:

NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://profile/playercorefactory.xml.
ERROR: Error loading special://profile/playercorefactory.xml, Line 9 (Error reading end tag.)

A quick check is to doubleclick your playercorefactory.xml, which should open it in Internet Explorer. That will tell you if there is an error in the XML. If you can't see the error post your playercorefactory.xml here and I'll have a look.

JR
I guess the problem is within this row:
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe>

This is not a valid XML-structure and should rather look like this:
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>

For playing HD-Audio itself.... does MPC-HC - started manually - bitstream HD-Audio to your receiver? Because you also have to setup MPC-HC for this purpose.
How this can be done is explained here (part about ffdshow tryouts and MPC-HC)
Thank you both for taking the time to look at that for me. I'm going to make and image of the current OS and follow the instructions you linked to in your post, icebaer. I'll post back with my resolution.
Previous post deleted.

I think I got it with everyone's help. I made the change in the Playercorefactory.xml file as you indicated icebaer along with following your instructions in the link and it worked. The only problem I ran into was that when playing through MPC inside of XBMC everything was stuttering. I ended up changing these two lines to "True" instead of "False" and the stuttering disappeared. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't matter to me. Big Grin

<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>

Once you're done watching the movie, is there any easy way to get back to XBMC with the old style Microsoft remote control? I tried everything and in the end, had to use my keyboard.

A big thank you goes out to all of you that helped me solve this problem!
I think that you have to use ffdshow filters to enable mpc-hc to output HD audio.

There is a guide, just search for it as I am not sure where it was
I am in the same soup ... I tried playing a video directly in mpc hc and my receiver shows as dts -hd mstr 5.1 but in xbmc its not... what could be the cause?

if i m getting multichannel pcm thru mpc hc directly that means mpc hc is configured properly right?
hardrock_121 Wrote:I am in the same soup ... I tried playing a video directly in mpc hc and my receiver shows as dts -hd mstr 5.1 but in xbmc its not... what could be the cause?

if i m getting multichannel pcm thru mpc hc directly that means mpc hc is configured properly right?
Not really - but if your getting HD Audio from the standalone app, you should get the same when xbmc launches mpc-hc externally. All it is doing is calling up the stand alone app that your getting HD Audio from, providing they aren't using different versions of mpc-hc ie the one your a calling up from xbmc is the same filepath as the one successfully launching mpc-hc and HD Audio.

Post a debug log and lets see what's happening.
steelman1991 Wrote:Not really - but if your getting HD Audio from the standalone app, you should get the same when xbmc launches mpc-hc externally. All it is doing is calling up the stand alone app that your getting HD Audio from, providing they aren't using different versions of mpc-hc ie the one your a calling up from xbmc is the same filepath as the one successfully launching mpc-hc and HD Audio.

Post a debug log and lets see what's happening.

Finally got it working... in both mpc hc standalone and thru xbmc.. my playercorefactory was messed up(space between "program files" was killing it) but now i have another issue..not really an issue but more of an inconvenience
1. how can i specify xbmc to open dts-hd and truehd to open in mpchc.
2. how do i use my remote to control mpc hc as of now.. (remote+eventghost) only works for the default dvdplayer cant do anything for the mpc hc.
3. there is a stutter and pixelating in some files.. mostly with truehd. tried setting hidexbmc and hideconsole to true.. unchecked all the dxva (i have i3-2100 cpu) codecs in external filters still to no avail. This is my main gripe..compared to above 2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPC-HC Help0