Overriding controls on certain widgets?
hey guys, i'm about finished with my bloglines script, but its a bit hard to navigate it. i'm using lists for everything and its due to the way they work, i cant do certain things.

i have to press "left" to get to the item list, since pressing right will take me to the "page up/down" part of the widget. also, i can't even get to the textbox below the itemlist because of the same contraints.

anyone have any ideas?

i'm hoping to post this tonight, so any help would be great. thanks!
dummy up the navigation... it looks like you only have three controls (two lists and the text area) and just add action listeners for move_right and move_left and cause it to do

if action = move_right:
if selectedcontrol = list1 :
selectedcontrol = list2
window.setfocus(list2)

its hackish but it works. i do it in my xstocks script and its done in the launchbrowser too im pretty sure.
ok, great. that sounds like a great solution, i'll check it out.
ok, i'm having a heck of a time trying to detect what control currently has focus. i looked at your script and launchbrowser as well, and don't see where you guys are testing for the current control.

this is about what i think i need:

Quote: if action == action_move_right and self.getfocus() == mydisplay.feedlist:
self.setfocus(self.itemlist)

honestly i dont see how .getfocus() works.. fromt he docs:
Quote:getfocus(...)
getfocus(self, control) -- returns the control which is focused.

if it returns what is focused, why do you pass in a control?? how does that work.

thanks
getfocus() sucks. there was a bug earlier where it would return a random control but even the new code doesnt seem to give you the right python controls. i think it may be returning the internal controls or something. i was never able to get it working and its not a good idea since there are people with older builds who still have the broken getfocus().

in your init do

self.selectedcontrol = list1
self.setfocus(list1)

dont do and controlright controlleft stuff and in onaction do

if action == move_right:
if self.selectedcontrol = list1
self.selectedcontrol = list2
self.setfocus(list2)
elif self.selectedcontrol = list2
self.selectedcontrol = textarea
self.setfocus(textarea)
etc etc

if action == move_left:
etc etc

this way you dont have to use getfocus or the controlright controlleft stuff.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overriding controls on certain widgets?0