xbmcvfs not found
does xbmcvfs exist on version 10.1?

I print the following error which I catch when tryin to import this library. My import code is like this:

Code:
try:
    # check if xbmcvfs library exists. It allows us to save file into smb's, read files from smbs and such
    import xbmcvfs
    VFS = True
    log(__name__, 'Using xbmcvfs!!!')
except:
    VFS = False
    errno, errstr = sys.exc_info()[:2]
    log(__name__, 'xbmcvfs library not found!!! Error %s: %s' % ( str(errno), str(errstr), ))

and in the log --> this result:

Code:
xbmcvfs library not found!!! Error exceptions.ImportError: No module named xbmcvfs
Pretty sure it was added after dharma
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
good news is that you can just do regular python io in 10.1.. it's hooked into the vfs already.
Are there any plans to allow addons to use xbmcvfs to actually read files? Specifically, I'd like to read from movies over SMB. Right now in Eden-pre, my option is to copy to somewhere locally first...which isn't a very good option.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
Jason102 Wrote:Are there any plans to allow addons to use xbmcvfs to actually read files? Specifically, I'd like to read from movies over SMB. Right now in Eden-pre, my option is to copy to somewhere locally first...which isn't a very good option.

Post a Trac Ticket...
it's part of the plan, in fact, it was part of my original plan but the atv guys were in too much of a hurry to include it...

edit: some touchy peeps read this as me blaming the atv guys for the lack of support. i'm not.
that being said, i have working C bindings for the VFS in my tree, and plan to write python bindings on top of these (which eventually will be replaced by swig bindings).
One more question regarding this topic: smb files are generally accessible using python in Dharma, but I'm having issues with os.walk. Is this expected?Is there some other way to get a directory listing from an SMB location in Dharma?
Nevermind, I figured this out. For future reference to others, the JSON call Files.GetDirectory does the job.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcvfs not found0