[Linux] Problems with some hardware
I have just built my first HTPC based on:
MOBO: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU: i3-2100 3.1 GHz
GPU: Asus GeForce GT520
RAM: 2x 2GB HyperX Kingston CL7
PSU: be quiet! straight power 400W (btw, really silent!)
DVB: TBS6981 DVB-S/S2

The problems are (when I started to think a bit more about it, that may be software too, especially in point 2)...

1. When watching a movie, or even a display test from XBMC, white (or just bright) colour is shown with a lot of blinking thin stripes. The picture goes through Denon AVR-1610 to the Samsung PS50A656 plasma tv. I use the same cable, the same port in Denon and Samsung with other equipment (sat receiver) and I haven't ever noticed such a thing. What can be a problem?

2. Not sure if anybody can help here, but trying to make my DVB-S card working. After 1 night fighting with drivers i finally made it running. However, not the way I would be satisfied. I'm using 4x1 DISEqC 2.0 switch from Axing and 4 LNBs connected in the order: 13E, 19.2E, 1W, 5E. Unfortunately, I'm able to scan 13E, as it's connected as the first one. All the others are giving "tuning failed". I know this is generally not the forum about it, but maybe some of you were trying to install DVB-S card and run with XBMC, and had similar problems?
OK, I have solved both of these problems.
1. It was some kind of interference. I moved cable a bit and it disappeared. I think I need a better cable (well isolated).
2. Solved that too. I can scan all the satellites now, but no joy running a VDR. I think I screwed something up... :/
Got another problem.
My HTPC is based on SilverStone Milo ML03B case. Does anybody know where to get the working IR receiver panel, which will work with XBMC (Ubuntu 10.10) and will not too bad?
I was thinking about Antec Veris Media Basic, but it's 3.5" and not so sure about installing any adaptors...
many vouch for the FLiRC.TV IR Receiver....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] Problems with some hardware0