10.0-9 Released (is it faster?)
Just tried the latest release and the GUI is significantly faster from what I can tell, YMMV. Not seeing any of the delays in the backgrounds appearing on the main XBMC screen.

Also looks like general navigation is faster too. Probably a good idea for anyone on 10.0-8 to upgrade.

Edit: I'm running iOS 4.3 (8F305) /w ATV 4.2.2.
Good to hear mate.

I wonder how it compares to the nightlies. What ios version you using 10.0.9 on.

Edit: I am assuming it is atv 4.1.1 and that it remains incompatible on versions upwards.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

activate Wrote:Good to hear mate.

I wonder how it compares to the nightlies. What ios version you using 10.0.9 on.

Edit: I am assuming it is atv 4.1.1 and that it remains incompatible on versions upwards.

I thought starting 10.0.8 it should be compatible with the latest atv version 4.2.2 since I heard the latest keith's nightly build was same as 10.0.8 when it was released. In fact I was planning to upgrade the atv version from 4.1.1 to 4.2.2.

Could someone please confirm it?
it is.
hmm...but its too much fun being on the nighlies Wink
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm running 4.2.2 and one of the nightly builds would you say it would be better trying this update?
I've just quickly tried 10.0-9 before heading to work and I find loading of posters / banners in the GUI MUCH quicker than any other build I've tried, including recent unofficial nightlies. I'm running iOS 4.3 and am using the Focus skin so not sure if if the same is true in the default skin.

Didn't get a chance to try xvids so can't comment on performance there.
Nightlies and official are the exact same code, the master xbmc branch. So yes EVERYONE always upgrade to official! Official is better than nightlies because it's through the proper repos. Smile
Thanks davilla for confirming it. I updated atv2 from 4.1.1 to 4.2.2 jailbroken using seas0npass. Installed xbmc from nito and it pulled 10.0.9. Played with it only for a little while. Didnt notice much of a difference. However found video_ts with deinterlace on now stutters and plays slowly. earlier(10.0.9 on 4.1.1) it used to play fine but with lot of buffering. not sure what is causing it.
For me the latest build with the new AudioEngine is by far the best performing.
Does this build break SQL db compatibility at all between the ATV2 and Windows binaries?
Thewolf Wrote:For me the latest build with the new AudioEngine is by far the best performing.

Me too, I was trying that last night and was well impressed and not just with the sound, I had HD movies playing from icefilms for the first time ever, just tried 10.0.09 and couldn't play the HD any more so im reinstalling ae nightly now.
is this update an official update that will go thru nitotv?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:is this update an official update that will go thru nitotv?

Yes, it should upgrade to 10.0-9 via NitoTV. If, for whatever reason, that doesn't work follow these instructions for updating via SSH. (that's presuming you're talking about 10.0-9! If you're after the audio engine branch then check this thread for more info)
I went to nitotv and it doesnt show an update available. Also I am on .7 and 4.1.1. Do I have to upgrade my atv2 and then jailbreak and reinstall xbmc to get the .9 release? Orwill it work on 4.1.1 . What is the main difference also? My .7 installl works great amd im not having problems but want to see what im missing
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10.0-9 Released (is it faster?)0