from boxee box to XBMC
I own a boxee box and i just built a XBMC box. this could just be me but it seems like the picture is better on the boxee box then my XBMC. Could that be try or is it just all in my head?
You probably want to clarify what you mean by better and give some info on what OS and hardware you are running xbmc on.
Boxee assumes a lot of defaults that XBMC gives you options for- 24p support, post-processing, etc.

how do you do the 24p support just by enable the "Sync playback to display"? To me the picture looks kinda faded and pixelated of sort. Like i said its prolly me just being anal.
stabu Wrote:how do you do the 24p support just by enable the "Sync playback to display"?

Yes. Enable that and post-processing and VDPAU color correction.

i dont see VDPAU color correction. dont think that'll work isnt that just for nivida?
stabu Wrote:i dont see VDPAU color correction. dont think that'll work isnt that just for nivida?

Doh, yeah that is just Nvidia. I get spoiled.

What OS are you running XBMC on? VDPAU is on Linux, on Windows it`s DXVA (for both Ati,Nvidia and Intel).
Windows 7 im already have DXVA enable
And what GPU are you running? Because the washed out colors stuff is probably incorrect color levels, something you can easily fix in the Nvidia Control Panel / Ati Catalyst Control Center
SpectreX Wrote:And what GPU are you running? Because the washed out colors stuff is probably incorrect color levels, something you can easily fix in the Nvidia Control Panel / Ati Catalyst Control Center

AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics. recommend a certain setting?
In the Catalyist Control Center, under the same category where you find the gamma/contrast/color settings, there should be something called Dynamic Range. Set it to 0-255 and see if the colors are correct after that. And while you are at it, disable the Dynamic Contrast, that`s causing that macrobloking, and De-noise and Brighter Whites. These are so called "image-enhancement" features like most modern TVs have, that actually screw up the image more...
Yeah cant find em all i have is this

Heres a screenshot from a moive x264 1080p bluray rip.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
from boxee box to XBMC0