Only 3 Skins in Official Repo?
Hey,

Decided to finally update to 4.3, and then install the latest official build.

The problem I have though, is that in Add Ons > Get Add-ons > ABMC.org Add-ons > Skin I only have 3 skins, which are:

Back Row (Broken)
PM3.HD
Simplicity (Broken)

Now, I don't seem to remember having to do anything with the previous version I had to get more skins, but I had a long list of skins. Now I only have 3?

Have I forgotten to do something?

Thanks!
You're not doing anything wrong. There have been some changes in the skinning engine in the latest release. This means that a lot of the skins are not compatible in their current form. Some of the skins have "pre Eden" compatible skins, but you'll have to find these yourself. Take a look in the sub-forum for the skin you want to see if you can find where to download it from
Ah fair enough.

Thought that when it said broken it wasn't compatible!

Just out of interest, where did you get the infomation that the skinning engine had changed? I had a look around for a reason for the skins not being there but couldn't see any

Cheers for the info and reply
It's stickied in the Skin Development forum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94724

The previous official release (10.0-7) was based off of XBMC Dharma code. What's being used now is the most up-to-date code available (pre-Eden XBMC) so the latest changes to things like the skinning engine will affect the newest releases of XBMC for iOS. Stuff like this isn't very prominently stated because normally it would only be advanced users who are using the pre-Eden code. Dharma is still the last stable release of XBMC on most platforms. XBMC for iOS has had to "hit the ground running"; there's no point in developing a Dharma release that functions absolutely perfectly before moving onto Eden code (though they did get pretty close). If you want maximum compatibility with most addons etc. then stick with 10.0-7, to benefit from the latest improvements in core functionality then later versions are what you need.
procrastinator Wrote:It's stickied in the Skin Development forum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94724

The previous official release (10.0-7) was based off of XBMC Dharma code. What's being used now is the most up-to-date code available (pre-Eden XBMC) so the latest changes to things like the skinning engine will affect the newest releases of XBMC for iOS. Stuff like this isn't very prominently stated because normally it would only be advanced users who are using the pre-Eden code. Dharma is still the last stable release of XBMC on most platforms. XBMC for iOS has had to "hit the ground running"; there's no point in developing a Dharma release that functions absolutely perfectly before moving onto Eden code (though they did get pretty close). If you want maximum compatibility with most addons etc. then stick with 10.0-7, to benefit from the latest improvements in core functionality then later versions are what you need.

Thank you for the clarification procrastinator (love the nick! Smile)
Apple TV2 [XBMC 10.0-9 (PRE-11.0) / Firmware 4.2.2 Build 8F305 (iOS 4.3.1)]
Wondering is the problem with skins relative to the issues I'm having with add-on settings on the default skin on ATV2.

For example, in the settings for Trakt there are the options 'Auto start Trakt on launch' and 'Turn on auto submit', however there doesn't seem to be any little radio button to indicate if these are enabled/disabled?

I have tried clicking on the first I mentioned but I still have to start it manually every time. Maybe I'm just missing something very obvious here :p
DuMbGuM Wrote:Wondering is the problem with skins relative to the issues I'm having with add-on settings on the default skin on ATV2.

For example, in the settings for Trakt there are the options 'Auto start Trakt on launch' and 'Turn on auto submit', however there doesn't seem to be any little radio button to indicate if these are enabled/disabled?

I have tried clicking on the first I mentioned but I still have to start it manually every time. Maybe I'm just missing something very obvious here :p

Yea I just remembered to install Trakt last week and have to manually start it every time too.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
The buttons are working with the latest AE nightly, nice!

Trakt still isn't auto-starting like the setting indicates, although Trakt Utilities does.. but I guess that's a discussion for another thread!
This might fix your trakt problem, see

http://getsatisfaction.com/trakt/topics/...bmc_builds
I've gotten a lot of other "unsupported" skins and add-ons to work (or at least mostly work) via manual installation. Be warned that some skins really don't work well and might bonk your ability to change skins (or do anything) from within XMBC itself, which will require resetting some files in your usersettings (IIRC, guisettings).

manual install instructions (proceed at your own risk):
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=823821&postcount=2
jacaru Wrote:This might fix your trakt problem, see

http://getsatisfaction.com/trakt/topics/...bmc_builds

The add-on itself is working fine, it installs, submits all your stuff to Trakt correctly and so on, but it doesn't auto-start with XBMC even though the option is enabled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only 3 Skins in Official Repo?0