Library Won't Update / Scrape
Hey All,

I'm brand new to XBMC and thought I had a handle on things. My inital setup went very smooth with no problems. Then I noticed movies I were adding to the directory weren't showing up in Library Mode - but were in the straight file listing.

I tried various methods of refreshing, re-scanning, and nothing worked. Every time it took less then a second and just went to "compressing database"

I then tried uninstalling and re-installing. When I did that, Library mode was greyed out. When I re-added my sources, the same thing happened. I see my giant file list, but library mode is greyed out - and when I try to update it doesn't work.

I uninstalled again, downloaded the latest nightly build to try again, and same thing - NOW I have NO library, but I can see the files - even play them. Please i'm begging someone to help.

It might be worth mentioning that the files are on a shared drive from one of the other computers in my homegroup.

Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.com/Fp9W6v8y

Thanks,
Mike
Same problem here.

I have to use some external software that add .nfo files to the dir and then XMBC find new files.
Star 
Get XBMC working properly from a local source before looking for shares.

ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting sources://video/
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(sources://video/) failed
Hey There,

There are no local folders though - it's all on a share. I just don't understand why it worked before, then stopped. Would it help to put a few files on the local machine, then add the shared drive?
Star 
It doesn't seem to see any videos... so start6 with a small folder on your local drive, get it all working as it should, then advance to your share issue... at least you can pin-point the issue to networking.
So, you were totally right - network issues - sort of. Including installing the same XBMC version on the box with the shared drive and it worked no problem.

I did some more googling, and just when I was about to give up I found this wonderful little article about changing local security policies in Windows 7.

http://samuelyi.com/sharing-in-windows-7...dd-media-p
(the link is currently not working, but says it'll be back up in a few minutes)

I followed this guide step by step.

On the other box, I removed the sources and re-added them (using SMB) and bingo - worked like a charm.

If anyone is having troubles like this with a shared drive sitting on a Windows 7 box, try this guide.

Thanks for all your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Won't Update / Scrape0