Database version in June 23 build is newer.
Sad 
Hi all, just upgraded One of my APTV2's to the Jun23 version and noticed that it is using a different database version (it tried to upgrade mysql db to latest, lucky I put it in read only first!)No

The leads me to my quesions:
1. How can I roll back my aptv2 to the feb build?
2. Where do I find out what version databases are running in new and old builds of XBMC ? I assume it is in the code on github,but if someone could point me in the correct direction that would be great Wink
3. Are newer builds of XBMC compatible with older versions of the DB, ie. What is the backwards/forwards compatibility of these DB's ?

Thx
Matt.
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS
I've got the same issue. I'm running the latest stable windows build, and upgraded my apple tv 2 last night too. So my apple tv can no longer read the database.

I've also tried to download the latest nightly of the window's build to see if it's got the same database, but it looks like that version is also not compatible with the apple tv 2 build. I think the easiest would be to roll back to the feb build like matt suggested, but how do we do that?
Ok, this is how i rolled back:

You probably have the deb file already in the cache:
Code:
/private/var/cache/apt/archives/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-7_iphoneos-arm.deb
or else download it here:
Code:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-7_iphoneos-arm.deb

then install it manually:
Code:
dpkg -i /private/var/cache/apt/archives/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-7_iphoneos-arm.deb

that seemed to do the trick, hopefully we can figure out when it's safe to upgrade the apple-tv 2 and the windows build simultaneously.

Chris
Just use a nightly build on Windows. Find one from the last few days that is stable. It's a lot better than having to use 10.0-7.
Ned Scott Wrote:Just use a nightly build on Windows. Find one from the last few days that is stable. It's a lot better than having to use 10.0-7.

my problem is i use 3 different platforms,

XBMC on windows for my server to scrape and add to mysql
XBMC on APTV1 using sam's crystalubuntu
XBMC on 2x APTV2's

So trying to keep everything working together nicely is fun, might dump the APTV1 shortly and buy another APTV2 as these are fantastic!

@christsim thx for the info, will try it tonight.

found in github where the version info is but haven't used github before so not sure if this is correct, https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Database.h search for virtual int GetMinVersion() const { return 53; }; the 53 is the current version, i assume this is correct.
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS
matbor Wrote:XBMC on APTV1 using sam's crystalubuntu

That should be the only one that will give you problems. There's instructions on how to build XBMC nightlies for linux, but I've never tried myself so I can't say if it's easy or hard. (will actually be trying this on my own ATV1 later tonight if I get time).

But yeah, I wouldn't blame you for just downloading in that case. The more XBMC boxes one has (on different platforms too) the hairier it gets :)
Ned Scott Wrote:Just use a nightly build on Windows. Find one from the last few days that is stable. It's a lot better than having to use 10.0-7.

I did try use a nightly build. Problem is that the nightly build upgrades the database to a version that the latest apple tv build can't use. Maybe if we could find a list of xbmc versions vs xbmc database versions we could sort this out.

Luckily i made a backup of the database before testing the nightly build otherwise I wouldn't have been able to rollback.
christsim Wrote:Ok, this is how i rolled back:

You probably have the deb file already in the cache:
Code:
/private/var/cache/apt/archives/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-7_iphoneos-arm.deb
or else download it here:
Code:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-7_iphoneos-arm.deb

then install it manually:
Code:
dpkg -i /private/var/cache/apt/archives/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-7_iphoneos-arm.deb

that seemed to do the trick, hopefully we can figure out when it's safe to upgrade the apple-tv 2 and the windows build simultaneously.

Chris

Thx Chris, thought that it might cache the old files somewhere, just still don't know linux folder structure that well yet. All of the above worked. I have saved the code snippet for next time Wink

Another idea is just have in the file name the version number of the DB, as I think this is going to be more and more of a problem for people in the future especially with more people using MYSQl with the cheap ATV2's, but that is just my opinion Rolleyes and i'm sure the dev's have better things to do Nod

Matt.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database version in June 23 build is newer.0