Using mouse in latest versions is annoying during movies playback
I don't know if it is by design but in the recent releases using mouse for control movie playback has become a bit annoying.
I'll try to explain, in my poor english, what's happen:

I usually use the mouse wheel for skipping back and forward in the moovie during playback. Previously was really good, simply roll up for go forward and back for go backwards, in any situations, with or without the control bar opened. It jumped immediatly, showing the new position in the time bar. Really good.

Now If the control bar is opened it seems that using mouse wheel didn't do anything, but if I wait until the control bar automatically disappear then...bum...it skips. Without the bar it works just like before, a little "icons" appear showing the position. Now the problem is that after some seconds the mouse cursor disappear and I have to move mouse for taking control, so the full control bar appears and the problem is still here, I have to wait that the bar automatically disappear and then I have a visual view of what happen with the mouse wheel.

Well...I'm sorry for this long and awfull explanation, in two words the problem is that there's no visual reference when using wheel with the control bar opened.
Bump.

Suggestions?
Sounds like a bug.
Ok, thank you!

I hope it will be solved sooner or later. Wink
You'll want to create a ticket first - cc jhsrennie.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I had a quick look at this and the symptoms are exactly as leletto describes. When you've moved the mouse and the OSD is displaying, the mouse wheel doesn't do anything. The log shows the correct mouse messages are being sent, so I'd guess they're being eaten by the OSD and not getting through the to the video player.

See http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11712. I'll have a look at this in the next day or two.

JR
I had the drop-down control bar thing stick and not go away on me once. I Right clicked it and it went away. Not sure if that will help you or not?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
outatouch0 Wrote:I had the drop-down control bar thing stick and not go away on me once. I Right clicked it and it went away. Not sure if that will help you or not?

I had this problem too in some older version, solved removing XBMC and re-installing it.

Thanks goes to Jhsrennie for the opened ticket.
Hi folks!

I'm having the same problem now with the eden beta and the confluence skin.
The mouse wheel scroll for skipping won't work if the OSD is displaying.
Any suggestion on how to fix this little bug?

thx.
Looks like jhsrennie left the bug report.

A simple fix is to open DialogSeekBar.xml (in addons/skin.confluence/720p) and change the <visible> line up the top to:

Code:
    <visible>[Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding]</visible>

Unfortunately our maestro skinner is away at the moment, and so it won't be fixed immediately in master (and really, this fix isn't ideal anyway, but is quick and easy).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Looks like jhsrennie left the bug report.

I must admit that I got lost in a maze of twisty passages all looking the same. I don't know that bit of the code, and the labyrinthine (though ultimately logical) nature of the event handling code defeated me.

JR
Yup - it almost defeated me as well when I saw the code looked perfect. Then I realized the clincher - the seek events were handled in the seek dialog, but the seek dialog was forced hidden by the sneaky skinner, thus there was no visual feedback and the events were fired when the info dialog went away.

Real fix is to get the seek handling out of the dialog. I have a WIP on that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using mouse in latest versions is annoying during movies playback0