Error - Can not download information - continue scanning?
Sad 
Every time I start up XBMC (Windows 7 64 bit) I receive an error along the lines of Can not download information - continue scanning?

Does this found familiar to anyone? It has been suggested in another forum that I should check what databases and scrapers I am using although I do not recall changing these from any XBMC default. I do recall installing a few add-on's out of curiosity though.

Is there any way to enable some more informative logging? I appreciate that this post may not provide much useful information to assist with solving my problem, and I thank this forum's gentle readers for their patience.
Turn on debug logging (Settings | System | debugging) and get your system to scan again. When it finishes scanning or you get the rror go to your debug log (located at %appdata%/xbmc/xbmc.log) and you may be able to see what is happening. If not you can paste the contents of the log at pastebin.com or similar and drop a link here to see if someone can help you.

It sounds like you have no internet connection on the machine doing the scanning. Have you checked this? Do you need a proxy set up in XBMC to access the internet?
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Yes, the same is happening to me. I updated to June 26th nightly and this started. It's not managing to scrape thumbs and fanart for The Matrix movie collection. The relevant NFOs are correct as the movies info is scraped correctly from IMDB.

Edit: tried once more after deleting the library and importing the backup I did before upgrading to June 26th... now it doesn't find any info for new movies. Great... Sad
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
It seems to be happening to me when scraping films. I'll enable logging and paste what I find. I checked all my settings and they seem to be fine. Internet connection is perfectly fine, no proxy, etc and everything else otherwise works fine.
I'm interested in what you find. I definitely don't have any problem with my internet connection. And the problem started happening only when I upgraded to the 26th June nightly.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
install 20 june nightly see what happens
12-June-2011 has the same problem, while stable release works fine.
same problem here
Hi all, first post for me and its not a good one. I am testing out XBMC on a laptop running windows XP SP 3 and have been able to find my movies and even install the IMDb add on. However, everytime I use the scraper, it can not connect to the server. I have also tried themoviedb with the same results. I am able to get to the internet with this machine when not running XBMC and even RDP into it from my office without any issues.

It sounds like the posts before this one are having the same issue. Is there a wide spread issue with this?

I can watch movies on it from an external hard drive thats connected to another box in a different part of the house. Im blown away with the quality!

Any help or words of wisdom would be great help.
i have this probllem to its been in every nighttly since the middle of june. i have some observations.

tv shows work fine ecxcept a couple like the daily show (wont scrape eps but will scrape show)

movies. themoviedb will scrape most movies details but no thumbs or fanart UNLESS you manully after its scraped go to the movie in files view again hit info or context menu>movie information and hit refresh it will now download everything thumbs and fanart, werid right?

then some movies wont scrape at all. the only way i got these to work was switch scraper to imdb it would do the same thing but scrape LESS info then i would do the refresh thing and it works. i did this on all 326 movies because i deleted my database thinking i could re scan LMAO

as of the 28ths nightly bug is still present
+1 No
Is this a known bug or something?
Yes, in the nightlies. No ETA for the fix.
olympia Wrote:Yes, in the nightlies. No ETA for the fix.
Good (so to say... Wink). I reverted to an older release, re-imported the library and all is good. It was important to understand if there was sense in isolating the problem or if it was already known to you.

Happy coding! Smile
I have only downloaded XBMC from the main link, no nightlys, and still have this problem. Should I move to a earlier version and if so, how do I do that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error - Can not download information - continue scanning?0