• 60(current)
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on
(2015-04-09, 21:50)sdsnyr94 Wrote: I just tested from work, and I am only getting 960x540 also... and I get the same no matter if the HLS option is on or off.

Have you tried launching the MLBMC(mlb-hls) addon directly? You should have this in addition to the standard MLBMC in your video addon list.

I now have the standard version working (2.0.7), but when I attempt to use the mlb-hls version I can only get as far as home/away feed selection. Once I make a choice here, nothing happens and I drop back to the game selection screen.
Just tried the mlb-hls version. Still works here. 720P video.
You need to configure it properly. And you have to have the folder mlbhls_win32 with the mlbhls.exe and dll's.
(2015-04-10, 02:40)Dixon Butz Wrote: Just tried the mlb-hls version. Still works here. 720P video.
You need to configure it properly. And you have to have the folder mlbhls_win32 with the mlbhls.exe and dll's.

What version of the HLS plug in are you using? Can you please confirm your settings for us (screenshot of each tab maybe)?

I'm using openelec, but. I thought I configured OK, and I did point to my binary file. My plug in is version 0.1.51

Thanks
I'm only getting the 960x540 but it does look like 720P... I'd love to have true 720P with the mlb-hls version. Does mlb-hls work on Android?
Version is MLBMC(mlb-hls) 0.1.5 I'm in using Win8.1

Here is my config

General Tab:
Check high bitrate HLS

HLB-HLS Tab
Enable HLS Checked
Lock Bitrate Checked
Start Bitrate 4.5Mb
Start Games from Begining Un-checked
Get inning start timers Un-checked
Start Block: 0
Specify Tem Dir: D:\MLBTEMP
Number of seconds to let fideo cache: 45
Locate your mlbhls exe: D:\mlbhls_win32\mlbhls.exe

I still have the same issues as last year. It loses the stream sometimes. Maybe not locking the bitrate would help. I think I tried that last year, but it didn't help. Gave up and now I just use the Windows 8.1 app or the MLB app on my TiVo.
Glad you have it at least partially working. Have you tried enabling the setting for file in / file out method? I seem to recall that this (using a 24mb buffer) solved the crash issues for me last season.

Unfortunately, same version, same settings don't work for me on openelec. Anyone have HLS working on either OE or Linux?
2015 anecdotal info, running Gotham on Mac OS X:

No particular difficulties initially running spring training. Week of opening day, video streams constantly rebuffering, uniformly ending in streams crashing out to MLBMC UI after between 45 seconds and 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Poking around in here it seemed like upping a cache setting was likely the way to proceed but it was not clear to me where and how to do that. Eventually I figured out that I needed to create and edit an XBMC-wide file called advancedsettings.xml.

I followed the instructions and documentation seen here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

I set my cache value to 300mb, 314572800 bytes.

The buffering symptoms have gone away. YMMV.
Anybody experienced issues with "lagging" menus, 30 seconds or move to from menu to menu using either 2.0.7 or MLBMCx?

No issues once in a game, no buffering or slowness whatsoever, or freezing.

This is on Kodi 14.2 on a rooted FireTV.
I am having issues as well. I have tried each version, 2.0.7, 2.0.72, 2.0.74... I have a RPi 2 running OSMC Kodi 14.2 and I have a FireTV Stick running 13.2 Gotham.

The FireTV can play archived games just fine, but live games the stream fails.

The RPi running OSMC doesnt work for live or archived games. I get a script failure notification, something about SSL.

For both I have tried with HLS on and off, it doesnt make a difference. I have tried installing the HLS standalone version but it says I am missing dependencies, so I need to figure that out and try that, but figured I would post where I am so far.

Thanks,
Ian
(2015-04-12, 20:34)iancr22 Wrote: I am having issues as well. I have tried each version, 2.0.7, 2.0.72, 2.0.74... I have a RPi 2 running OSMC Kodi 14.2 and I have a FireTV Stick running 13.2 Gotham.

The FireTV can play archived games just fine, but live games the stream fails.

The RPi running OSMC doesnt work for live or archived games. I get a script failure notification, something about SSL.

For both I have tried with HLS on and off, it doesnt make a difference. I have tried installing the HLS standalone version but it says I am missing dependencies, so I need to figure that out and try that, but figured I would post where I am so far.

Thanks,
Ian

For the HLS version, I was getting the dependencies not met message also. Instead of trying to install from zip, I copied the plug in folder to the addon directory manually. This works, in that I can get in to the addon and play with the options. But trying to play a game yields no video.
are you guys running this on frodo? trying on helix and i just get a script error. (firetv). i just tried installing 2.0.7 though.
I've got it working on both Helix and Isengard using the link I re-posted earlier. On Android I'm running Isengard, because I tend to do a lot of testing on Android. Everywhere else, I'm using Helix.
I'm also using the version natethomas mentioned on Helix just fine. The hls version fails with an error about an undeclared variable, which I also get with the 2.72(?) non-hls version. I tried MLBViewer + mlbhls and got the 720p streams, but mplayer was not playing it very well (kept going gray and lots of artifacts). I don't know why that is, but it gives me hope that its codebase can be useful (most of this plugin came from there originally). MLBViewer also lets you start at specific half-innings with hls. I'm actually fine with the non-hls image quality, but not being able to skip around while watching a live game sucks. I wonder if there's any way to make rtmpdump save all the contents it is downloading... eg Start the game at the beginning and pause, thus be able to skip back and forth in the parts that have been downloaded? ala SimpleDownloader or something? I'm not that familiar with these video protocols.
Hey all,

I fixed the live streaming in my version of the plugin. I now have a new zip file:

https://github.com/Yuioup/kodi-mlbmc

It works on my Linux installation and on my Raspberry PI 2.

Y
(2015-04-09, 19:19)KarmaPolice Wrote: So I was using 2.0.74 and it was working during pre-season... it stopped working opening day (or thereabouts)... I didn't change anything on my kodi setup, so it must have been something MLB.TV changed...

That said, I installed 2.0.7 over-top of .74 and it started working again (notably the log files still say 2.0.74 in them (not sure which is correct)...

Anyway, I did a little comparison of the logs, and the difference I found was this (note the "auth" and other stuff on the Playpath in the working setup, that's the only diff I could find):

[redacted]

If I had an idea how to compile a new version with just this minor change I would be happy to test it, however, like I said, I'm no python dev... (I didn't think python needed compiling, but the .pyc files in the plugin zip kind of tell me otherwise)...

Anyway, I'm happy to try to compile this thing if someone could tell me how, or if Yuioup is around, it might be easier for him to try it and let us know...

Hope this leads to an answer.

Yes that was the fix! I never saw your post but I figured it out myself my doing the exact same thing.

Funny I thought I was subscribed to this forum. I don't get any e-mails.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on7