• 65(current)
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on
Live streams have started working for me again. SD but still pretty sharp.
I have to click the link 3 times for some reason. Sometimes kodi crashes sometimes nothing happens sometimes live game starts!
Keep up the good work!
Hey all, thanks again for the work you are putting into this. I would also like to say if there is a way to donate I would kick in as this would be awesome to have running on my RPi 2 running OSMC.

I wanted to throw is a little feedback as I have a couple devices with Kodi and testing MLBMC. I am running version 2.0.70.

I don't know if this helps but I have Helix on my FireTV Stick and the MLB streaming works initially, but it fails after a few minutes, sounds like it may be related to storage space issue that was mentioned? I also tried this on my Android phone and I get similar results, though that has a lot more storage.

I also have an RPi 2 running the latest OSMC build, which I think is Helix based. I get the following error when I try and open a game:
SSL certificate verify failed ssl.c:581.

This is when trying to open up a live game to then select a home or away stream, so it's failing before getting to that selection menu. Playing a condensed game or highlight works just fine.

Again thanks for your help, and if there is a build that needs testing on RPi 2 running OSMC or FireTV Stick I would be happy to test and lend feedback.
Thanks for all the work to keep this addon going.

Just a heads up that I received this from mlb.tv today - not sure how it will affect next-def or general development going forward:

Dear MLB.TV subscriber,

Thank you for being a long-time MLB.TV subscriber. In appreciation of your support, we would like to invite you to participate in our exclusive MLB.TV Private Beta Program. You will be among a select group chosen from the millions of subscribers to be the first to watch LIVE baseball using our new HD media player (5.0). We have completely redesigned the MLB.TV online experience - watch LIVE baseball with a state-of-the-art responsive, in-page media player. Live HD for MLB.TV broadcasts will no longer require a software download (NexDef) for subscribers with optimal bandwidth. For complete details, go to MLB.TV/beta.

During this program, your feedback on the media player will be valuable as we prepare the new experience for a global audience of baseball fans. To help facilitate your feedback, we have created an online forum. To provide comments, enter the private beta program Forum, and type in the password mlb2015. You may also e-mail directly at [email protected].

To watch regular season games with the new MLB.TV media player, simply click here.

Here are some of the features to look out for:

Media Player Private Beta Features: Pitch Tracking, DVR Controls , Global Player Controls, Scoreboard, Feed Selector, Clickable Linescore, Gameday Audio, Alternate Audio, MultiView Player, Mini Mode, Date Picker, Boxscore / Game Summary, In-game Highlights, Hide/Show scores, Favorite Teams (Display only), Closed Caption, PiP and Fantasy Tracker.

Sincerely,
MLB.com
Hmm, their site already says "web-based HD media player" new for 2015, and NexDef is no longer required for HD/live DVR - it's just Flash. But this sounds different. I can only guess they are moving to HTML5/native video much like Netflix did, which I guess can be supported but might make it more of a pain and less functional if we have to call out to Chrome.
I took a look at the beta. I wonder if it's not just a new user interface on top of the same streams. Hopefully it won't require much (if any) change for this plugin. At the very least, we should get the rest of the season, as I doubt they'll push this out of beta to the masses mid-season.
Anyone have a working version? I had 2.7.0 and it worked fine for a month or so, but then about a week ago, it stopped working. I tried updating to a newer version linked in this thread but it didnt work either. I was wondering if anyone has a version that is running on windows so then i can start trouble shooting mine. Thanks
For those of you using OSMC and getting SSL_VERIFICATION_FAILED, I thought I'd chime in with some information on the issue. OSMC uses OpenSSL 1.0.1K which apparently has a bug that prevents it from validating chained SSL certificates properly against the root certificate. I won't go into details but a good explanation of the issue can be found here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27804...9#27826829

I'm currently going to try updating to OpenSSL 1.0.2 using the new X509_V_FLAG_TRUSTED_FIRST flag to see if that solves this issue with OSMC and MLBMC. If not, I'm going to try throwing out OpenSSL and compiling libressl instead. If I am successful, I will post a tutorial on how to get this working for OSMC users.

Thanks!
ya, im getting a script failed error now.
(2015-05-05, 22:13)bray1982 Wrote: For those of you using OSMC and getting SSL_VERIFICATION_FAILED, I thought I'd chime in with some information on the issue. OSMC uses OpenSSL 1.0.1K which apparently has a bug that prevents it from validating chained SSL certificates properly against the root certificate. I won't go into details but a good explanation of the issue can be found here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27804...9#27826829

I'm currently going to try updating to OpenSSL 1.0.2 using the new X509_V_FLAG_TRUSTED_FIRST flag to see if that solves this issue with OSMC and MLBMC. If not, I'm going to try throwing out OpenSSL and compiling libressl instead. If I am successful, I will post a tutorial on how to get this working for OSMC users.

Thanks!

Thanks for working on this and providing an update. I will standby to test it out Big Grin
I have been running 2.7.0 on both windows and an Android Fire Stick. I don't use the Windows version much, but the Fire Stick has been fine except that Kodi occasionally crashes when first trying to play a live stream. If I restart Kodi, the stream plays fine - I'm thinking that this might be a running out of memory problem. I know that if I play a live stream on Windows, then try to play it on the Fire Stick I get locked out for multiple devices for a couple of hours. Live, archived and condensed games all play fine for me. None of the later versions or patches have worked for me.
As promised, here are the instructions to get MLBMC working for OSMC users. This works for the current MLBMC 2.0.75 addon. I have also managed to get the HLS linux client compiled as well, but I am running into a small issue which is causing script errors. Once I resolve it, I will post MLBMC-HLS installation instructions as well so you can watch your games in full 720p glory.

1) SSH into your RPi
2) Type: wget https://certs.godaddy.com/repository/val...2_root.crt
3) Type: sudo cp valicert_class2_root.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/
4) Type sudo update-ca-certificates (You should see a new ca-cert added to the system. You can verify by looking for the new certification in /etc/ssl/certs/ called valicert_class2_root.pem)
5) Type: reboot

This will fix the certificate verification issues. This also fixes issues with invalid certification chain issues with other addons as well (amazon, espn3 etc)

6) Download MLBMC 2.0.75 (https://github.com/Yuioup/kodi-mlbmc/blo...2.0.75.zip)
7) Install in Kodi as usual via Addons --> Install addons from zip file
8) Configure the addon with your username/password.
9) Enjoy!

Hopefully more updates will come shortly once I get the MLBMC-HLS client working!
I've had no sound recently in MLBMC, Very odd, all my other streams work fine.
(2015-05-08, 04:47)bray1982 Wrote: As promised, here are the instructions to get MLBMC working for OSMC users. This works for the current MLBMC 2.0.75 addon. I have also managed to get the HLS linux client compiled as well, but I am running into a small issue which is causing script errors. Once I resolve it, I will post MLBMC-HLS installation instructions as well so you can watch your games in full 720p glory.

1) SSH into your RPi
4) Type sudo update-ca-certificates (You should see a new ca-cert added to the system. You can verify by looking for the new certification in /etc/ssl/certs/ called valicert_class2_root.pem)

This will fix the certificate verification issues. This also fixes issues with invalid certification chain issues with other addons as well (amazon, espn3 etc)

6) Download MLBMC 2.0.75 (https://github.com/Yuioup/kodi-mlbmc/blo...2.0.75.zip)
9) Enjoy!

Hopefully more updates will come shortly once I get the MLBMC-HLS client working!

Followed these instructions to a T, and I can confirm it worked like a charm. No errors, live streams coming in no problem. Awesome work, thank you!
(2015-05-08, 04:47)bray1982 Wrote: As promised, here are the instructions to get MLBMC working for OSMC users. This works for the current MLBMC 2.0.75 addon. I have also managed to get the HLS linux client compiled as well, but I am running into a small issue which is causing script errors. Once I resolve it, I will post MLBMC-HLS installation instructions as well so you can watch your games in full 720p glory.

1) SSH into your RPi

9) Enjoy!

This is great - thanks!

Hope you can get the HLS working, as that's the only thing left before this is perfect. Although I have to say, the 540p streams look pretty damn good.
Will this work with Kodi running on Ubuntu? I tried but had script errors.

Also, I saw this last night - is this your update?

http://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/35...orking_in/

Thanks for your work!

1) SSH into your RPi

9) Enjoy!

• 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on7