Help with usenetserver, d/l speeds
Hi, I am wondering what kind of speeds i should be looking for, right now I'm only getting 1.7 MB. I have ssl enabled on sab and am using port 563. Sab is forwarded through 8080. I'm at a loss.
Before we can answer what kind of speeds you should be getting we first need to know how fast your internet connection is in megabytes or megabits per second - visit http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/ pick the city closest to where you are and report back with you connection - you can see the speed in Mbits or MB/s at the bottom - Cheers!
I can't see where you get MBps at the bottom, but in case he has the same problem just go to http://www.numion.com/calculators/units.html

Use the drop down to select mbps then look at the conversion below after you enter your calculation from speakeasy.
Some providers like virgin here in the uk limit port 563 and 119 speeds could be that? if so check with usenetserver to see if they have an alternative
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

Standard NNTP:
UsenetServer supports Port 119 as the default NNTP port, and ports 23, 25, 119, 3128, 8000 and 9000.

SSL Connections:
secure.usenetserver.com only allows encrypted SSL connections on ports 443, 563, 8080.

Check out the FAQ for more info Smile
UsenetServer FAQ
I used speedtest.net and it says I'm getting about 15MB/s, I've tried plugging straight into the modem so that rules out my router, I will try a different port through sabnzbd I guess. Am I correct in thinking that if I put secure.usenetserver.con and pick a ssl port and enable ssl in sabnzbd it should be working, I have an exception in my firewall on windows 7. Maybe I will turn the firewall off and see what happens. I have a feeling its something simple. If I posted my traceroute off usenet would someone be able to tell me anything off that? It's all gibberish to me.
Thanks
Harley
- forgot to mention that I'm using shaw cable in bc, canada
15/8=1.875.

Make sure you're not mixing up your bits and bytes.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Thanks everyone, turns out my "high speed extreme " is 25Mbps which means I'm getting the full speed out of if or almost, time to upgrade.
Is there a way to manage couch potato, imbd and sickbeard through a web interface on xbmc? I've looked at a couple things but cant find what I'm looking for. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with usenetserver, d/l speeds0