Setting up xampp and phpmyadmin
Hi I am learning PHP for school, and I want to use my XBMC server for the in home website, / server / hosting.

Since this is easy for me with network shares, and stuff.

It is just my school asks me to run apache and basicly xampp, and phpmyadmin,
the thing is just that I want to run this on xbmc, without having difficulties with the following programs:

- transmission-deamon
- sabnzbd
- MT-Daapd
- XBMC-Remote-PHP

The second question is, that will I have trouble with the website port?

I want to use port 80, but this is mainly the start page now with xbmclive services, but I can also use port 8050 or whatever port right?

Can someone give me a few tips here?

btw: I don't want to connect my server to the internet, or give it access its behind a router, so no worries about security as far as i know.
if you run xbmclive than you can't run xampp, since xampp is for windows Smile

anyway, linux is even better, just use apache, php and phpmyadmin from the ubuntu repositories.
if you do not want to tinker with your current apache setup, you can run a second apache instance on another port.
Just create a new apache2.conf and load if with
Code:
httpd -f pathToNewApache.conf
Yes you can configure Apache to listen on ports besides 80. You can either do this on a per-VirtualHost basis, or if you are not using VirtualHosts, you can just edit the main apache config file (/etc/apache2/apache2.conf on debian based systems such as XBMCLive) so that the listen port is changed globally.

You need to edit the Listen directove so that instead of Listen 80 it says Listen 8085 (or whatever your chosen port is).

Remember to restart Apache when you're done.

wsnipex Wrote:if you run xbmclive than you can't run xampp, since xampp is for windows Smile

Xampp is available for Linux (as well as OSX, Windows and Solaris). I agree with your conclusion though, I would recommend using the repositories to install this software (if it isn't already installed in the Live distro).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up xampp and phpmyadmin0