Changing structure of movie source
I have recently put all my movies (and their related info files) into their own folders, changing my movie source structure from:

H://Movies/Title (year).avi

to

H://Movies/Title (year)/Title (year).avi

My question is "Is it possible to tell XBMC that all the movies are now in their own folders instead of loose?"

I dont want to have to delete my current library and let it scan again with the new structure for two reasons:
  • I use DDS fanart. If I add everything fresh then I will have to convert all fanart to DDS again, which is a pain.

• I will lose my "watched" marks.

I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
export your library to a single xml file (look in the settings>video>library)
open the xml file and edit all the path of your movies

than import that xml file back into xbmc.
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

The_Dogg Wrote:export your library to a single xml file (look in the settings>video>library)
open the xml file and edit all the path of your movies

than import that xml file back into xbmc.
I would have to manually edit over 1,100 lines that way. Or am I missing something?

(PS: I see in your sig you have a Revo with an SSD. Did the SSD provide much a performance boot for you? I have a revo which I am considering for an SSD upgrade.)
jackmeehan Wrote:I would have to manually edit over 1,100 lines that way. Or am I missing something?

(PS: I see in your sig you have a Revo with an SSD. Did the SSD provide much a performance boot for you? I have a revo which I am considering for an SSD upgrade.)

Er, just use Find and Replace? Then it takes all over 15 seconds or so from start to finish.

Also, I have an SSD in a Revo, and I can't recommend it enough. There's a noticeable improvement in the loading of images and whatnot. Plus, my machine boots in 10 seconds flat.
YodaEXE Wrote:Er, just use Find and Replace? Then it takes all over 15 seconds or so from start to finish.

Also, I have an SSD in a Revo, and I can't recommend it enough. There's a noticeable improvement in the loading of images and whatnot. Plus, my machine boots in 10 seconds flat.
Find and replace wouldn't work as I wouldn't be replacing everything the same.

For example, I would be replacing:

"Movies/American Beauty.avi" With "Movies/American Beauty/American Beauty.avi"

And

"Movies/American History X.avi" With "Movies/American History X/American History X.avi" etc etc.

... I have a feeling I'm missing something here Blush

(Re the SSD; does it make loading times of menus much faster? Ever since I switched to DDS fanart I haven't had any problem whatsoever with loading times of fanart.)
You need a regexp (or similar) based replacer - capture the title and duplicate it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing structure of movie source0