Zacate build, remotes?
Okay it's taken me 2 months to get to this point. Ran CAT6 throughout the house (about killed me attics suck), dithered over which unraid server to build finally pulled the trigger and have it up and running perfectly and all my media ripped and loaded in.

Now I finally get to build the last piece and enjoy all that labor and cash!

I have decided to go with the Zacate build, based on price and wanting to have bitstream capability. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post727463

I will be running windows 7, XMBC windows on a SSD disk, streaming mostly 1080p mkv files.

The one question still remains is how to handle remotes for the system. I don't know what I need to do or what choices are really available based on that case. Does it already have IR ready to go? Is there soldering and tinkering involved? How do others handle this issue with that case.

Since my wife is going to also be using the same machine to surf the net and watch netflix HD I will obviously need a remote with a mini keyboard, not sure if that limits my options.

And if possible I wanted to use my cable remote to navigate through XBMC possibly using http://flirc.tv/

Would I be able to use Flirc when in XBMC mode and the keyboard remote when in windows mode?

Thanks!
Flirc.TV is said to let you use your current 'home' remote with your PC...
so i guess that the answer to your question is yes...

but when in windows mode like u call it,
it depends on personal preferences...

there's a bunch of keyboards with trackpads on them
so u use those like a laptop keyboard kinda.
models like the Rii Mini example...

My personal taste was to buy the Gyration AIr MOuse...
yes, it comes at a price, but it controls windows like a pro!
Yes but mostly I didn't know how the commands were getting to the box. Flirc is a USB dongle, but how are the other options handled for the windows side of it?

Does that case have an IR remote built in and it plugs into the motherboard? It's the connection between remote and software that was mostly the meat of my question.
Okay found my answer they all work off USB just doesn't appear to be any on the front of that case, so I guess some extenders and velcro are in my future.

I like that mouse, it's on my list now thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zacate build, remotes?0