XBMC Revo + 1600 + YMC-500 = Display Disappears
Question 
Hello All,
I recently purchased a Yamaha YMC-500 neoHD receiver to replace my Cambridge Soundworks.
The Previous configuration had my Acer Revo WinXP running XBMC connected to my Samsung SPS4243x and then an optical cable connected to my Cambridge for audio. I was not receiving correct DTS 5.1 signal and purchased the YMC-500 to help with this.
I now have the Acer connected to Input 1 on the YMC and output from the receiver to the Samsung.

On my initial setup everything was working great. Sound in 5.1 and Video clean.

What I have realized after powering down the YMC, is that on power up, no video is shown on the Samsung. If I unplug the HDMI cable from the acer output or from the YMC input and replug I will hear the winxp plug n play sound and the screen is displayed once again.

I've also found that by powering off and on the TV maybe twice or more resolves the missing screen as well.

I wondering if anyone can help with suggestions as the cause and solution.

Thanks.
After doing some more research last night, the problem seems to point to the "HDCP Handshake" between my Acer Revo and the receiver.
lots of people have encountered this with varying receivers, but always point to a computer with HDMI not recognizing the receiver as an encrypted device properly and ignoring it. Seems that by unpluging and replugging causes the handshake to complete.
A real nuisance and a pair in the rear for completion of my Home Theatre setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Revo + 1600 + YMC-500 = Display Disappears0