Fix "Logo Downloader Script" on OpenELEC XBMC Build??
Hello everyone!

I read some Threads and Posts on this particular Problem, but, unfortunately, I am not able to fix the Logo Downloader Script.

I found this Thread but I cant find the Folders anywhere in OpenElec!

Is there a different way to get the script up and running on my machine besides manually inserting every single Art?

Thank you very much i.A.

Fuddster
OK... found out that i had to use an SSH connection and "putty" to get to the hidden Folders! Blush

Now that I found that out, I am going to test the manuall fix from above mentioned Thread!

Will report back ....

For any other usefull Tips and stuff I would be thankfull...

EDIT:

Thats a bummer...

the problem still exists... scraping Library for my shows... after its done it says.. shows found "xx" downloaded "0" .. no clearART no Logos no nothing... im on the Offical NEON skin right now...

PLEASE.. ANYBODYHuh
Try this default.py - it's straight off off my system and just tested...

http://pastebin.com/MMfdBTix
-stoli-
First off.. Thank You Stoli For the effort!!!

Just to clarify a little more, here are my stats again

I´m running OpenELEC ION x86_64 Vers. 0.99.5 (RC5) and its xbmc dharma build!

what i did is, copy and paste the given text (code) into a new file called default.py and deleted the old one in the folder .xbmc/addons/script.logo-downloader map. all from putty.

But sadly, the given default.py shows me Script Error!

after converting back to original default.py and starting the logo downloader I got this ...

HERE is the LOG for details...

The problem i see is that there seems to be an issue with the path for the shows (smb) Huh

Thank You again for all your help!
Well ...

I just got out of a chat with Sraue (The developer of Openelec.tv) where he states:

"[13:59] <@sraue> Fuddster, basically it seems this script must be updated for use with openelec, i am not much a python profi... but for accessing samba shares it needs to translate the path..."

so what i´ve got out of this is, that only the creator or another skilled python coder can update this script, so it is actually functioning properly on OpenELEC.tv based XBMC machines!?!

Or are there any other possible ways to get this to work?
Perhaps you should be talking about this in the logo downloader thread where it's actually relevant, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74912 a quick look of the last 2 pages even seem to be talking about the exact same thing.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Shocked

wow.. true!!!

Thanx for pointing in the right direction Kode! Blush Blush

wasn´t aware of this particular thread!!

ooh well...

Thx again to both of you!
No worries Smile
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fix "Logo Downloader Script" on OpenELEC XBMC Build??0