Menu Item sorted to specific sources?
I've tried searching but i must be using different terms then what i'm looking for.

XBMC 10.1, with the Aeon MQ2 skin.

~/Movies
~/TVShows
~/Anime

Now, I already know I can't add a new content type for the "anime" but i'm trying to figure out how to make the front menu only work per-source.

IE: TV Shows shows media located in ~/TVShows
IE: Movies shows media items located in ~/Movies.
IE: Anime shows media items located in ~/Anime.

I figured this would be really basic however i'm not able to figure out how to do this for the life of me. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
ActivateWindow(Videos,<path_you_want>)

Or alternatively, if each of those are a named source,

ActivateWindow(Videos,<name_of_source>)

With Dharma 10.1 use VideoFiles in place of Videos.

You may also want to append the return parameter.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:ActivateWindow(Videos,<path_you_want>)

Or alternatively, if each of those are a named source,

ActivateWindow(Videos,<name_of_source>)

With Dharma 10.1 use VideoFiles in place of Videos.

You may also want to append the return parameter.

Cheers,
Jonathan

perfect; this should be everyhing i need to figure it out. Thanks a ton!
I edited what i thought i needed to for this skin

skin/720p/Includes_MainMenu.xml

Code:
264                                 <item id="7"><!--tvshows-->
265                                         <label fallback="31014">$INFO[Skin.String(mainmenu_customTVShows_Label)]</label>
266           <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomeTVShowFanartBackdrops) + Skin.HasSetting(no1080p)">BackgroundVarsTV720</include>
267                                         <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomeTVShowFanartBackdrops) + !Skin.HasSetting(no1080p)">BackgroundVarsTV1080</include>
268                                         <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(HomeTVShowFanartBackdrops)">BackgroundVarsTV2</include>
269                                         <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(onTVTunes)">TV_Tunes</include>
270                                         <onclick>Skin.SetBool(videotv)</onclick>
271                                         <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,TVShows,return)</onclick>
272                                         <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(notvshows)</visible>
273                                 </item>

274                                 <item id="14"><!--tvguide-->
275                                         <label fallback="310291">$INFO[Skin.String(mainmenu_customTVGuide_Label)]</label>
276           <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(no1080p)">BackgroundVarsTVGuide720</include>
277                                         <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(no1080p)">BackgroundVarsTVGuide1080</include>
278                                         <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFile,Anime,return)</onclick>
279                                         <visible>system.hasaddon(script.tv.show.next.aired) + !Skin.HasSetting(notvguide)</visible>
280                                 </item>

Sorry I'm new to this and still learning. Is Includes_MainMenu.xml not the correct file? or am I editing the wrong area?
I'm trying to do the same thing. Were you able to figure it out?
I'm not entirely sure what you want to do exactly but Aeon MQ2 allows you to add and remove menus and sub menus, you can add menus from favourites or from playlists this is done from Settings > Aeon MQ2 > Shortcuts

You could remove the original menu items and add yours for Movies, TV Shows, Anime either by adding each source to favourites or if content from each source is in your library create a playlist based on source path and add those

Shouldn't be any need to edit any skin xmls for this, maybe I'm missing something :confused2:
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Actually that answered my question - I needed to make playlists based on source path. Still new to XBMC so I wasn't aware that I needed to do it that way...I thought I could just make "TV Shows" point to my TV Shows folder, "Movies" point to my Movies folder, etc. Thanks.

>>X<<' Wrote:I'm not entirely sure what you want to do exactly but Aeon MQ2 allows you to add and remove menus and sub menus, you can add menus from favourites or from playlists this is done from Settings > Aeon MQ2 > Shortcuts

You could remove the original menu items and add yours for Movies, TV Shows, Anime either by adding each source to favourites or if content from each source is in your library create a playlist based on source path and add those

Shouldn't be any need to edit any skin xmls for this, maybe I'm missing something :confused2:
You can make it point to your folders but it will be in file mode not library mode

I just didn't understand why anyone would need to do either for Movies and TV when you have library mode which separates both and are accessed from Movies and TV in the main menu ?
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Actually I wanted to do this for my Anime and home videos. I was just using Movies and TV Shows as an example.
Right, not really a good idea to use those as an example if you had just said "anime" it would have made more sense

In any case its easily done either put that directory in your favourites and view in file mode or if your "anime" are in your library use a playlist, using the rule "Path Contains" "anime" would work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu Item sorted to specific sources?0