XBMC Not Picking Up A Certain Film
Hi,

I have put two files on my nas these are called :

Doctor Who End Of Time Part 1.mp4
Doctor Who End Of Time Part 2.mp4

As you may know, its in 2 parts, but when XBMC scans the library it can only find Part 1 and never adds Part 2.

Is this supposed to work like this and how do I fix it??

Thank you
Jon
you could try naming them

Doctor Who End Of Time (1).mp4
Doctor Who End Of Time (2).mp4

this is how they are named on thetvdb.com

oh and they are tv specials not films so should be in your tv scapping dir not movies

Edit sorry that sounded bossy i ment that should help not i should control your file structure
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

Hi,

Many thanks, that worked great Smile

And yeah your right but for some reason they only show up with the Movies, nothing at all shows up under TV Shows, been driving me mad as I have the simpsons, futurama and doctor who, none of them at all show up under anything apart from the Doctor Who specials Huh?

Regards
Jon
I dont understand are you saying simpsons etc dont show at all?
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts

deleted
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
dizzy - Yes, they dont show at all, to make it easier will just talk about doctor who, I have doctor who series 4 under a directory called TV>Doctor Who>Series 4

I have all the doctor who's by episode name, can't remember any off hand so for instance : Doctor Who Revenge Of The Aliens.mp4

But none of them are showing in any category, I can't go into TV settings in XBMC as I click the settings box and nothing happens, hope all this is making sense.

Hudson - Many thanks for the info, most films if not all are being picked up, the Doctor Who one was the first time I have had a problem, I would like to know however if there is a way of making the library display sequels of films in the right order. For instance I have all the Harry Potters, but they are all in alphabetical order and not in the order of when they were released.

Sorry, I am a bit new to XBMC, have found it the best program for what I need, just trying to get to grips with the little things Smile

Thanks & Regards
Jon
Naming culture helps alot

usuualy you would name files show series episode title quality

ie "doctor.who.s05.e01.The.Eleventh.Hour.hdtv.avi"

also using doctor who as an example again i would call the folder doctor who (2005) as this is again how it is listed on thetvdb.com

just browse thetvdb.com and use there naming for the folders should help, but for doctor who just adding (2005) to the main folder and refreshing might help

Hi,

Many thanks, I will give that a go, never knew about that other site so will look things up on there too, thanks again Smile

Regards
Jon
also check this out i've just seen it in another thread (thanks ProfessorChimpo) although im not sure if it is just for movies?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/emm-r/fi...e/download

edit seems it is just for films

Ember works just fine for TV shows. I use it all the time.

In regards to Doctor Who, your naming is wrong. It's not TV\Doctor Who\Series 4, it would be something like TV\Doctor Who\Season 3\S03E01.mkv.
Hi,

What does Ember do?

And I have tried everything with Doctor Who but its not showing up anywhere, apart from the specials which are all in there.

Here is my directory structure :-

Top level is Movies

The sub-directories within that :-

Kids
Movies
TV Shows

Under Movies is all the movies

Under TV Shows is Doctor Who with the corresponding Seasons and The Simpsons again with corresponding seasons.

God knows if that made sense

Regards
Jon
http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...6260&lid=7

Looks like the movie(s) are showing up on thetvdb.com under specials.

Hope this Helps.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
I found where I was going wrong, i have added the directories to the Video section and they are showing the correct titles now ie Doctor Who, but is listing the episodes from like 1969 lol rather than 2008, will try naming them differently.

Regards
Jon
Thanks Hudson, I am going to look the programs up on there to see if my naming is correct.

Regards
Jon
Yep thats why i said about adding the (2005) to the folder name Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Not Picking Up A Certain Film0