Dolby TrueHD has Mixed Up Channels
Question 
I've running XBMC on an Acer Revo (Nvidia ION) using a installer from http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/xbmcfreak-10-...livecd-v2/, and a receiver capable of Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD.

Audio is sent via the HDMI cable, and Dolby Digital & DTS both work fine. DTS-HD seems to be automatically down-converted to DTS and plays fine, but Dolby Digital TrueHD is mixed up.

The center channel comes out the rear level channel, while the rear left channel comes out the center channel Confused

I can remove HD audio during the ripping process so it'll work fine, but it seems a shame to do that. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem?

I wonder if it's just a problem for Nvidia ION audio over HDMI or XBMC in general at the moment?

Thanks very much for any feedback!
Its a alsa driver issue depending on the version of alsa (I doubt the xbmcfreak is using alsa greater than 1.0.23 greater is needed, and also a nvidia issue which I think has been resolved with most recent video drivers. Agin I doubt your "installer" has anything close to a required driver...

Overall this has been a issue with several platforms but also ION, mostly due to bugs and or lack of proper configuration of the sound outputs in Linux and xbmc.

Many guides around these forums to answer your questions.

Im very bad at replacing search engines and forums search... sorry!
Ah, it's very good to know it's possible! And I don't mind searching more myself (I didn't have much luck the first time searching google, but I'll search the forum now), this is a great starting off point Smile Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby TrueHD has Mixed Up Channels0