• 55(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Hey Archingos, Great app, I've been testing out the free version for a while, but launching scripts/addons direct pushed me over the edge and I purchased it a few nights ago.

I do however have one question, do you have any plans to allow people to add buttons to the main menu? For example let me add a menu option for pseudotv off the main menu, so I don't have to go to remote->addons->scripts-> etc. It was just an idea I thought that would make it easier for me.

I know xbmc commander had this option, but it did it based on keys, so <F12> in the keymap.xml on the xbmc host, then add the button to the main menu, and set it as <F12>. I'm not sure if this is the only way to do it, but it is a way!

Thanks for the app, and keeping up with it!
Nothing to see here....
zepfan Wrote:Hey Archingos, Great app, I've been testing out the free version for a while, but launching scripts/addons direct pushed me over the edge and I purchased it a few nights ago.

I do however have one question, do you have any plans to allow people to add buttons to the main menu? For example let me add a menu option for pseudotv off the main menu, so I don't have to go to remote->addons->scripts-> etc. It was just an idea I thought that would make it easier for me.

I know xbmc commander had this option, but it did it based on keys, so <F12> in the keymap.xml on the xbmc host, then add the button to the main menu, and set it as <F12>. I'm not sure if this is the only way to do it, but it is a way!

Thanks for the app, and keeping up with it!

First, glad you like the program... Second, I don't work with/for FSS (the creators of the app) I'm just a beta tester.

Your idea sounds great, in fact I think I mentioned it to Dawid before (if not I'll be sure to mention it next time I talk to him). I believe he (Dawid) stated that in version 1.9.2 they are going to start focusing on the iPhone version to try and get it to catch up to the iPad version (the best they can with the limited screen size) but I know in version 1.9.1 (still in beta) there's a new feature for the iPad version that allows you to set up custom commands, either via XBMC default keyboard keys (A, B, 1, 2, etc) special keys (like F12, Esc etc) Built-in Functions (Mute, etc.) or via HTTP. The buttons created wont exactly be listed in the home menu where TV, Movies, etc. are listed, but it's very easy to get to, especially for users that tend to leave the remote section pulled down a lot in the app (they get docked to the bottom of that section).

Unrelated:
Below is a partial screen to show the new "Quality Tag" that shows HD or SD (if scraped properly) as well as showing the new "Watched" tag on and off.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:First, glad you like the program... Second, I don't work with/for FSS (the creators of the app) I'm just a beta tester.

Your idea sounds great, in fact I think I mentioned it to Dawid before (if not I'll be sure to mention it next time I talk to him). I believe he (Dawid) stated that in version 1.9.2 they are going to start focusing on the iPhone version to try and get it to catch up to the iPad version (the best they can with the limited screen size) but I know in version 1.9.1 (still in beta) there's a new feature for the iPad version that allows you to set up custom commands, either via XBMC default keyboard keys (A, B, 1, 2, etc) special keys (like F12, Esc etc) Built-in Functions (Mute, etc.) or via HTTP. The buttons created wont exactly be listed in the home menu where TV, Movies, etc. are listed, but it's very easy to get to, especially for users that tend to leave the remote section pulled down a lot in the app (they get docked to the bottom of that section).
Doh! I actually knew that! Great, I'm looking forward to that.
Nothing to see here....
Hi

I have the free version, but before upgrading, I have one question. I would buy it so that I could launch my Pandora script without having to turn on my TV. But, does the interface show the screen in the remote so that I can then scroll over and select the station, then allow me to skip and/or pause? I am not seeing any screen info in the free version.

Thanks,
Michael
Dynalmadman Wrote:Hi

I have the free version, but before upgrading, I have one question. I would buy it so that I could launch my Pandora script without having to turn on my TV. But, does the interface show the screen in the remote so that I can then scroll over and select the station, then allow me to skip and/or pause? I am not seeing any screen info in the free version.

Thanks,
Michael

Sadly I don't think it'll do what you want. When you get the Pro version of Constellation it does allow you to access scripts and addons via shortcuts on the screen, however they essentially act like a basic 'shortcut'. That would mean in your case, you could create a Pandora button for Constellation, but when you use it, it will just send XBMC straight to Pandora as if you opened it normally. You'd still need to navigate the 'normal' way (up,down,left,right,enter) since it wont show a customized/specific screen for the addons, however if you manage to memorize which buttons you would need (ex. Touch Pandora, scroll down twice, enter) so that you open the station, you can skip, pause, etc. with no problems. I don't use the Pandora script so I'm not sure how hard 'blind navigation' would be.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Kwart1001 Wrote:New "Custom Commands" (Experimental)

Nice update coming!

Would it be possible to set commands to pause, stop, and close etc. the external player MPC HC I use within xbmc?
Starting a movie is already working with Constellation of course.

Now I have to use my android Samsung Galaxy S with MPC Remote for it.
+1!

I use Mobile Mouse to do it, but it would be nice to do it in constellation.
Hi Folks,

first GREAT APP for the iPhone. Especially all those options like shutdown, library update and so forth nicely bundled togehter.

Unfotunately I have one problem with the free iPhone Version (iOs 4.2).
There are no thumbnails. First I thought the app did not support any but then I had
a look at all those neat ScreenShots ...
Does anyone have the same problem ?
I suppose it's not my XBMC installation. HTTPS and Json show green and another remote App XBMC Commander which I would like to replace due to the lack of shutdown etc. does show icons with my server.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance, Martin
This year also comes the new version?
lndiana Wrote:+1!

I use Mobile Mouse to do it, but it would be nice to do it in constellation.
I don't use an external player for XBMC, but I would assume if you can map some of the commands (using the keymaps) you should be fine. If you can't, I'd need to know more about the external player you use... (but it'd probably be better if Dawid or one of the team actually looked into that).

SidTheLazy Wrote:Hi Folks,

first GREAT APP for the iPhone. Especially all those options like shutdown, library update and so forth nicely bundled togehter.

Unfotunately I have one problem with the free iPhone Version (iOs 4.2).
There are no thumbnails. First I thought the app did not support any but then I had
a look at all those neat ScreenShots ...
Does anyone have the same problem ?
I suppose it's not my XBMC installation. HTTPS and Json show green and another remote App XBMC Commander which I would like to replace due to the lack of shutdown etc. does show icons with my server.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance, Martin

What version of XBMC are you using? What Operating System? If you're sure you have your media scanned into XBMC's Library, you can try to go into the Options and tell it to Flush the local cache and tell it to rebuild again, doing this may get XBMC to send the images properly or it may be a compatibility issue with the specific version you're using. I'd need a bit more detail on what's going on.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I've been distracted by Saints Row: The Third and some of my medical issues that popped up...
Archigos Wrote:I don't use an external player for XBMC, but I would assume if you can map some of the commands (using the keymaps) you should be fine. If you can't, I'd need to know more about the external player you use... (but it'd probably be better if Dawid or one of the team actually looked into that).

MPC-HC i.e. Media Player Classic Home Cinema : http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/
First of all: one of the best apps around ! Second: thanks to all the people putting in all the hard work for all of us making this great app !

I do have a question. Is there a way to make the connection between XBMC Constellation & XBMC more "stutterfree" and seamless. Whenever my Ipad needs to reconnect (when it went on sleep); XBMC detects the XBMC Constellation app, causing my show/movie playing to begin to stutter for about 15 seconds. It's not that big of a deal but I was wondering if there's a fix for that. Thanks !
Synes Wrote:First of all: one of the best apps around ! Second: thanks to all the people putting in all the hard work for all of us making this great app !

I do have a question. Is there a way to make the connection between XBMC Constellation & XBMC more "stutterfree" and seamless. Whenever my Ipad needs to reconnect (when it went on sleep); XBMC detects the XBMC Constellation app, causing my show/movie playing to begin to stutter for about 15 seconds. It's not that big of a deal but I was wondering if there's a fix for that. Thanks !

Yes that would be nice
Synes Wrote:First of all: one of the best apps around ! Second: thanks to all the people putting in all the hard work for all of us making this great app !

First, you're correct, it's annoying as hell... Second, I have no idea if there is currently a fix for that, but it's something I've noticed for a long time so during my many conversations with Dawid it's been mentioned a few times, so if there's a possible 'fix' to it I'm sure their team is looking into it.

For now, one possible 'temp fix' may be to turn off the Notification from inside XBMC which will stop the box from displaying on your screen, which may or may not help with the stutter. It will also stop that loud noise when you start the app and no media is currently playing.
Have we been lazy ? Tongue
Santa is coming with Constellation V1.9.1...
Well I think you would like a small peek ?
Why the hell is this taking so long ?
I think this will answer you question Smile
We have just taken Constellation 1 lvl up Smile why ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojt03IN8AME
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4793/img0050h.png

P.S. sorry for the video quality but the only camera I have is in my phone... Smile

This is version has about 200 tickets(bugs/features/improvements) closed.
For now only iPad changes. The iPhone users will have to w8 a little longer.
My God, nothing will change for me: (it does not use xbmc on my tv! Because here in Brazil this is a shit ...
Now I wanted to ask you youtube will list? Can I start xbmc the constellation?
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5