Importing pre-tagged Media Files?
Please excuse my beginner's question:

I started tagging my movie library with Ember Media Manager and the tool happily creates NFO files, fanart, posters and so on.

I use Dharma w/ Neon skin and I can't figure out how to convince XBMC to use my prepared info instead of using its built-in scrapers.

I miss something obvious, I guess? Rolleyes

If I add a source XBMC starts its online scanning, often overwriting my preferred information. If I toggle to not scan it seems my movies don't go into the library but are only visible in file mode, which is no fun at all.

Any ideas what goes wrong here?

Thanks in advance!
Star 
It looks like you've got most of it right.... when re-scraping it should offer you the choice of finding local or going to the internet, local will pick up what's in the folder or at least should. I suspect Ember is missing something XBMC needs and is re scraping from the net regardless... check closely what Ember saves in your folder, and compare what XBMC saves in the folder (you have to do an back-up export single file to see what XBMC is saving). them toggle Ember to fit those parms. It could be something simple like one scraper is set to use filenames and the other folder names...
Thanks for the hint.

I found the problem: There's obviously a difference between movie.nfo and <moviename>.nfo. I only created the first one with Ember but in my setup the latter is expected. It works now as expected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Importing pre-tagged Media Files?0