External Hard Drive help plz!!!
I know this topic has been posted plenty of times, but for some reason I still can’t figure it out  it’s been really frustrating. I am very new to xbmc and I’m not computer savvy as many people on this forum are. I am trying to upload my movies from my external hard drive. I have a Macbook pro with a 2TB External HD.
Let me explain my step-by-step instructions on what I do and see if anyone can help me please.

1. I connect my external to my Mac laptop. Right click on HD, get info, share folder.
2. I go system preferences, click on share folder, and file sharing, and make sure I have AFP, FTP and SMB sharing is enabled. (making sure its read & write)
2. Next I go into my apple tv2, xbmc, video, add-source, and browse, I have checked ALL FILES but for the life of me I can’t find my external hard drive.

Any suggestions thanks.
you know i have never shared a folder on a mac. tbh tho i would just connect ur external to ur XBMC machine over usb. will will get a better transfer rate from it that way.

USB External Over Wifi - about 3-6 meg/s

USB External Over 100Nic - about 10meg/s (Max)

USB External Direct USB - about 20-30meg/s
oh ok thanks. I'm going to give that a try. But, i have 2 external 2TB Harddrives would i be able to connect both of them or my ATV2?

I prob need to get an adapter like this huh...

I have two Apple TV 2's that I have jailbroken and added XBMC. However, I can connect to my public folder using SMB. I can see my external harddrive icon on the desktop, but when I make an alais of it and add that to the Public folder I cannot see it on the TV when creating a file path. Any ideas?
moxy1980 Wrote:I have two Apple TV 2's that I have jailbroken and added XBMC. However, I can connect to my public folder using SMB. I can see my external harddrive icon on the desktop, but when I make an alais of it and add that to the Public folder I cannot see it on the TV when creating a file path. Any ideas?

Go to finder, select the external HDD and Cmd I or right click --> Get Info and make sure Sharing is turned on for it, otherwise it won't be seen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Hard Drive help plz!!!0