Issues with nightly build: Crashes/ no scraping / no cleaning
Hey there,

OS X 10.6.8 on an Intel iMac
XBMC version is pre-11.0 git:20110630-9d6d73c (jun 30)

When starting XBMC, it does not scrape anything when looking for new stuff.
When trying to add it manually, xbmc says that it cannot connect to server.
Sometimes xbmc crashes while looking for new stuff.
Cleaning the library does not do anything. When i delete a movie from my movie folder and try to clean the library it via settings menu, nothing happens.

xbmc-log
deleted

Crash-Log:
deleted

Why i use the nightly:
I updated xbmc on my iPad, not knowing that there will be a new db version.
Afterwards, iMac as well as AppleTV (Crystalbuntu) were not able to open die db. that's why i tried the nightly build.

Is there a possibility to go back to an older verison on my iPad?
Or is there a nightly build i should use that is a bit more stable w/ working scrapers?

THX
Sorry don't have a solution to your problem, but just wanted to report that its potentially an issue with your setup. I was using xbmc stable, and for most recent 10-15 days am using the nightlies and having no such issues. i am also on 10.6.8. In fact just yesterday i updated to the most recent nightly official xbmc build, did a library update, and a clean up afterwards, and everything worked.

Only thing i can suggest is to download the official xbmc nightlies, and not the nightlies from that first google result when you do a search for xbmc nightly, if thats what you used.

Also, just as a side thing, maybe try using the combo update for 10.6.8 and install it again. i always used to think the combo update fix was a myth, but with both 10.6.7 and 10.6.8, i had serious issues after update (not recognizing ntfs drives, not writing to ntfs drives despite paragon ntfs installed, tv resolution issues, wireless network connection issues. etc), and when i reinstalled with combo update everything was fixed.
Try build the latest (c6490197dbb2d9e73f2d), it fixed a lot of stuff for me.
@nmirza
I started using the nightly builds 2-3 days ago.
Never had an issue with 10.1 release so i don't think that it is an issue with my setup (of course i am not sure about this).

This is were i download the nightly builds from: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/

@Flanhare
Where do I get that version?
I updated the nightlys from time to time.
It is scraping right now but keeps crashing on and on. No matter which nightly I use.
Right now I used "xbmc-20110713-ac6dbdd-master-i386.dmg" ...

Here is the crash report:
deleted

xbmc-log:
deleted

Looks totally new now. XBMC seems to look at every file. I deleted all the stuff ( see the dots "...") just giving an example for tv shows and for movies. It stops and crashes with Terminator Salvation. Any idea whats going on there?
I could really need some help here.
It does not matter which nightly i use, the system keeps crashing. Immediately!
Updating OS X did not change anything...

Is it an option to completely remove XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with nightly build: Crashes/ no scraping / no cleaning0