Audio/Video issues - Audio offset
Hi all,

Hope some one here might be able to assist with a small issue I'm having with my XBMC (10.1).
Ever since I bought a new TV -Samsung D8005- I have been having some issues with a slightly jerky video. This seems to have been helped by setting XBMC to match the TVs refresh rate with the videos - perfect, but not quite. This has resulted in the audio of my BR movie collection being ahead about .25 seconds. Now this can easily be fixed with the audio offset menu when watching the movie, but having to do so every time I want to watch a movie, is obviously not neat, so I hope that some one in here might have a solution, as to delay the sound on movies permanently.

I have of course tried to sync the playback to the display, and tried all three settings, but none have so far seemed to do the trick. Setting the Render method has also yielded no good results, and neither has allowing DXVA2 (quite the opposite - very pixelated and jerky picture).

Now the system is running on top of Windows 7 (no additional codecs installed), on a Core i3 processor with 2GB of RAM, so there should be enough power to compute all the data.

Would any one be able to figure out what has gone wrong here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'll assume the audio is off on all videos you play. The TV may be doing some sort of image processing causing the video to fall out of sync. When playing a video open the OSD. Go to the audio options. Set the offset. Then scroll down and choose save for all movies. Now the offset will always be set that way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio/Video issues - Audio offset0