Keyboard issue
I have two XBMC boxes. One on XP and one on Win7.

The issue I have, is my Win7 box will not type the proper letters on the keyboard.

My XP box has had no issues. I even copied my keyboard.xml over to the win7 box, but in a day or two its completely off again.

Any ideas.
We need a bit more information. For example, what keys don't work? Do the arrow and enter keys work? Is it just when you're typing text into an edit control? Or does the keyboard not work at all?

On the problem installation enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging then restart XBMC. Press some key that doesn't work a few times then close XBMC. Post the debug log on pastebin.com. The debug log shows a lot of detail on the key handling.

A quick way to open the debug log is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into pastebin.com and post the link it gives you here.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:We need a bit more information. For example, what keys don't work? Do the arrow and enter keys work? Is it just when you're typing text into an edit control? Or does the keyboard not work at all?

On the problem installation enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging then restart XBMC. Press some key that doesn't work a few times then close XBMC. Post the debug log on pastebin.com. The debug log shows a lot of detail on the key handling.

A quick way to open the debug log is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into pastebin.com and post the link it gives you here.

JR

The arrows and enter work fine, but when you click a letter, it just enters a random number.

This one is run on my wifes laptop, so I will post the debug log tonight when she gets back with her PC.

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard issue0