• 6(current)
XBMC Live install?
Thought i already had a new version installed?, hence the new options?,
meh im off to bed, for now ill just run the windows version until this mess can be sorted out, just cant understand how it can be so hard to install a program and a set of drivers, no wonder it takes 10 years to program a game lol
You have a libvaa compiled xbmc active, doesnt mean the rest is working ok.

Ill be honest even though this has zero interest to me, Im game to help you, just because you have demonstrated a quality I admire, perseverance.

Im sure in the end you will megabyte Linux in the ass.

Now I give up Im tired its been dozens of hours since I slept and I need to rest my head.
Haha a new day will bring good news I'm sure, oh and I never give up, I just winge alot in-between Smile
better to winge-a-lot then to be a quitter.
Very true , although it does get annoying after a while. So what next step does today bring me.......?

If I take ages to respond it's cus I'm at work installing a stairlift not home Wink
So then next steppy.....

Ps i was wondering, if i were to buy one of these mini PC things, what would be your best choice, one that will work straight away with no messing about?
I prefer to have choice, freedom and ability to do what I want to what I own when I want it, without being subjected to any stupid laws and or DRM or BS laws only to keep rich richer. So were drifting away from what I think is best to what I haven't considered since I retired my xbox1.

Having said that I doubt that any retail solution all in one will be bug free and enable you to actually do something about that.

If you really dont want to mess get VLC player and your choice of OS or media player classic in windows or anything else, that's not so involved.

You can still use a remote controller and you wont have to mess around except to navigate to file and click play.
X3lectric Wrote:I prefer to have choice, freedom and ability to do what I want to what I own when I want it, without being subjected to any stupid laws and or DRM or BS laws only to keep rich richer. So were drifting away from what I think is best to what I haven't considered since I retired my xbox1.

Having said that I doubt that any retail solution all in one will be bug free and enable you to actually do something about that.

-

roden: check out OpenELEC.tv and the hardware they suggest. There are plenty of machines out there that people have gotten working with a few tweaks here and there. You can also checkout their forums. It's as close to a "XBMC Appliance" that you're going to get.

And XBMC Crew: OpenELEC.TV Needs to be the next "Live". Leave the ppas for those that want a "Ubuntu" release.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Ok guys, to the point " STUFF THIS" XBMC on windows, it works, i dont have the time for this boring crap, i could of watched like 20 films by now, i thank you all for your endless help, but its gotten to boring for me, im not giving up but dont see the point of putting in all this effort for somthing i already have. Thanking you all for your efforts, but like WTF!.

Back to my films Smile
back to same ssdd here too.
Aint paying that kinda money to have somthing i already got, jeeze.
Ok ive decided, i am going to just leave my setup as is, ill use the windows version untill some bright spark can get these drivers installed.
darkscout Wrote:Image

-

RoflShocked
Just followed this guide step by step

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_...st_package.

But at the fglrxinfo part it always shows null Huh? god sakes!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99154

there step 3 onwards I think but read around. you may need to compile or not depends if you xbmc still has livaa in as it should.
Ooooh that just got complicated, Sad

It does have livaa in

It says i need to install this for 64 bit, but it errors with not found?
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live install?0