• 1(current)
XBMC works on iPad 2!!
The JB for iPad 2 4.3.0 just came out, and as soon as I installed it, I tested XBMC.

Right now I have tested only some 720p MKV on a SMB share and it works like butter!

Just wanted to let you guys know.
Were you get the jb? I have mitging found
ImageImageImage
We are not allowed to discuss that here...

I am just wondering : does anyone know how to check if hardware acceleration is working?
Fran6stl Wrote:I am just wondering : does anyone know how to check if hardware acceleration is working?

Look at codec info during playback, I think you can do this using the the iphone remote (on a separate device obviously)

I would like to see if it can decode a heavy 1080p movie, preferably a full mt2s from a bluray (wifi might be a problem)
Its just a leak of a beta jailbreak that works only on non 3G iPad 2's with 4.3.
Great news! I wonder how well the new CPU performs for videos/codecs that don't have hardware acceleration (like HD divx).
I will make more tests tonight. I don't have any mt2s but i'll get a sample of 1080p MKV @ high bitrate.

If I can find an hd divx file, i'll test it as well!

Also, does that mean that Hardware Acceleration works?

Can you enable the Sync to display feature ? The ATV2 doesn't seems to have enough horsepower for that and the playback is very choppy if it's ebabled.
You can find it right under the enable hardware acceleration (Videotoolbox) setting.
Haohmaru Wrote:Can you enable the Sync to display feature ? The ATV2 doesn't seems to have enough horsepower for that and the playback is very choppy if it's ebabled.
You can find it right under the enable hardware acceleration (Videotoolbox) setting.

Yeah, it works flawlessly. (in 720P at least)
Great news. I am also curious about HD Xvid. Keep us updated Wink
I jsut tested 720p xvid, and it runs perfectly as well!

I haven't got the chance to test 1080p yet because I need to put the files on the ipad to really test, but I will do it soon!

Pretty impressive performance without modification!
1080p MKV like butter! I ran one of the action scenes of inception to test, it's a little over 9mbits... Wow.

And I left display sync on as well!
So, anyone for a trade in ...swap you my atv2 for your ipad 2 Big Grin

..and I'll throw in some steak knives.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

lol! Wait, there's more : I just tried a 40mbits video sample that I took there

and it runs like butter as well!

Edit : it skips a couple frames at first (for the first sec. or so) and then it's ok.
Fran6stl Wrote:lol! Wait, there's more : I just tried a 40mbits video sample that I took there

and it runs like butter as well!

Edit : it skips a couple frames at first (for the first sec. or so) and then it's ok.

killa ?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC works on iPad 2!!0