• 3(current)
XBMC works on iPad 2!!
I tried the 42mbits birds video and it plays extremely well, it's even faster than my laptop! If only you could use iPad like a HTPC and output 1080p though Sad

FYI the latest official build is 10.0-9.
Ozzapoo Wrote:I tried the 42mbits birds video and it plays extremely well, it's even faster than my laptop! If only you could use iPad like a HTPC and output 1080p though Sad

FYI the latest official build is 10.0-9.

I'm using XBMC 10.0-9 (XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20110623-62171b3) from official repo and Killa sampla is running very choppy like 2-3fps. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

The GUI is quite responsive and all 720p mkvs i have tried played smooth.

Anybody knows some skin that is bit more touch friendly?
davilla Wrote:and which version might that be so we can stop guessing ?

10.0-9
mikef Wrote:I'm using XBMC 10.0-9 (XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20110623-62171b3) from official repo and Killa sampla is running very choppy like 2-3fps. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

The GUI is quite responsive and all 720p mkvs i have tried played smooth.

Anybody knows some skin that is bit more touch friendly?

Weird! What's your iOS version?

I'm on 4.3.0.
Fran6stl Wrote:Weird! What's your iOS version?

I'm on 4.3.0.

I'm on 4.3 (8F191) as well.

Hmm not sure what's wrong, maybe I got something wrongly setup.

Any clue what I should check for?
don't stream the movie over wlan?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I just tried Killa Sampla on 4.3.3 playing locally and it was slow as well. Odd.
Memphiz Wrote:don't stream the movie over wlan?

Yeah forgot to mention that the killa sampla is on the ipad 2, so no streaming.

Also I used to have ipad 1 and had older version of xbmc. Yesterday when I installed the latest XBMC all my shares were set up from previous ipad 1 (i guess iTunes back them up).
It seems to work pretty good.

Using latest IOS 4.3.3 with XBMC 1.0.0.9

I just put on X-men 3 1080P MKV about 8 GB and it works like a charm. The file is not local on my ipad but streamed over wifi from my SMB network (NAS). Looks great and feels really smooth. I see no stutters, hickups, meltdowns or whatsoever.Smile

edit: A 14GB MKV file on 1080P works as well (streaming). Not as fluently as the 8 GB because it struggles in the first 20 seconds, but after those 20 seconds....works fine Smile
Here is a xbmc.log from my system running killa sampla.

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/639318/

im running XBMC 10.0-9 (XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20110623-62171b3)
iPad 2 (4.3.0)

killa sampla is on the iPad.
WoW, I Like it!!! runs smooth, all media files works from my synology Wink
Just got mine installed last night and it attached to my SMB without any issues. I set it to grab all the movies and it spent overnight doing the scrapping so I'll start to play with tonight. However, in the little playing I did do, the touch interface on PM3.HD seems to be very difficult to use. I does match the old Xbox skin pretty much to the tee. Not sure I'll be able to get it explained to rest of family.......I'll just have to play some more to see.
daMouse Wrote:Just got mine installed last night and it attached to my SMB without any issues. I set it to grab all the movies and it spent overnight doing the scrapping so I'll start to play with tonight. However, in the little playing I did do, the touch interface on PM3.HD seems to be very difficult to use. I does match the old Xbox skin pretty much to the tee. Not sure I'll be able to get it explained to rest of family.......I'll just have to play some more to see.

I agree... It is damn hard to get to the sytem settings with this skin, but the performance overall is really good.
And the Clydia install for this was so easy it was not even funny. At first I didn't think it really did it. So much better than the steps for the AT2.
Just reposting an issue I posted in the other ipad xbmc thread. I installed 10.0.9 on the ipad, and now my 10.10 installs on Mac and Live can't read my mysql database. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? Someone suggested nightly builds, but as I understand there are no live nightlies, and the ipad nightly is the same as the version from Cydia.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC works on iPad 2!!0