• 4(current)
'Best' skin?
For me, on my main PC, Aeon Nox for the "bling" value.

On my ATV 2's, reFocus - super fast and smooth and a nice interface
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
Metropolis...awesome skin...

Great work Stoli...

Thanks
boccman Wrote:Metropolis...awesome skin...

Great work Stoli...

Thanks

i agree i am currently switching between metropolis and fusion migma v2

i wish metropolis had a dedicated thread like the other skins
I used to like Aeon MQ3 but unfortunately it has become bloated and now very slow.
Can anyone recommend a fast skin which is still visually appealing?
mattchapman Wrote:I used to like Aeon MQ3 but unfortunately it has become bloated and now very slow.
Can anyone recommend a fast skin which is still visually appealing?

Aeon Nox is relatively fast.
reFocus is a good one on ATV2
xPerience1080 is also nice
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Quartz!
...is the best i've seen so far. Just watch the video.
I came over Alaska, Aeon Showmix, Refocus, Neon, MQ3 to that skin.
For now it has some features, that i won't miss anmymore.

The home layout has 'On Deck' for ongoing tv-shows and beside the recently stuff there are random picks out of your library in any category.

It takes some time to fill up ur personal homemenu, but it will pay off.
It is not as shiny as the mq3 but the usability is fantastic.
metropolis is what i'm currently using.
pufff..... i couldn't say, some skinners get me all time going from one skin to other, i can't decide , lol
Love Nox, Cirrus Extended, MQ3, and i'm very interested and keeping an eye on WIP Breeze.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Where do you get that Refocus theme? I don't see it listed

EDIT: Found it, listed as Focus Wink
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I have to agree.. I like to switch from time to time, they all have their own little bells and whistles that make them all special, it is hard to decide on a particular one, and if your not completely content with any partiticular one you can always read the forum, and the wiki and go into hack mode. Wink above all try them all out and narrow it down to a few you like and get to know the inner workings of them and have fun doing it Big Grin
ReFocus is the best skin.

There are a couple of things I don't like...no 'watched' ticks, and some confusing toggle logic. But apart from that it is very good...aesthetically and ergonomically it is ahead of most skins. For me the purpose of the GUI is to find movies/TV shows to watch, I don't want a million different tiny text on screen or snazzy animated graphics distracting my eye.
So many great skins out there that can be customized to your liking, I would actually recommend trying them all out or at least most of them.

Skinners and devs poured a lot of hours into them, so give em a chance ^_^

As for me? Confluence, reFocus, Xeebo, Transparency, Eden Shade, xTV, Aeon MQ3

reFocus is my favorite, the others are awesome too.

PS: I'm going to be looking at XeeBo and Alaska next.
Agreed. I went and got a few repositories and then download almost every skin out there. If you want simple, confluence is great and very fast. If you want loads of views and art Aeon or Rapier are great. Just go looking for screenshots or videos of the skins and see if you like them. Or download them all like me Smile
(2012-04-01, 23:45)nooryani84 Wrote: So many great skins out there that can be customized to your liking, I would actually recommend trying them all out or at least most of them.

(2012-04-01, 23:50)Vaikin Wrote: Agreed. I went and got a few repositories and then download almost every skin out there. If you want simple, confluence is great and very fast. If you want loads of views and art Aeon or Rapier are great. Just go looking for screenshots or videos of the skins and see if you like them. Or download them all like me Smile
(2012-04-01, 23:45)nooryani84 Wrote: So many great skins out there that can be customized to your liking, I would actually recommend trying them all out or at least most of them.

I downloaded them and after a few reinstalls (during the beta/RC of Eden) I reinstalled on various PCs and customized them via the Skin-submenu. Some of them become totally different skins after you make changes there.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Best' skin?0