Undervolt, Underclock, Overclock AMD E-350 Zacate
I started playing around with this program and was able to undervolt and underclock my E-350 as follows:

1.6ghz @ 1.3 volts -> 1.6ghz @ 1.15 volts
1.28ghz @ 1.235 volts -> 1.088ghz @ 1.0 volts
0.8ghz @ 0.9875 volts -> 0.8ghz @ 0.80 volts

I can probably go lower but I just started messing with it. Running Orthos, the power consumption dropped from 20-21 watts to 17-18 watts just by lowering the highest p-state by 0.15 volts. Also I am running fanless on my MSI E350IA-E45 so this will definitely help in keeping it cool.

Note you can also overclock using this tool. The MSI Overclocking Center and AMD Overdrive software does not support the E-350IA. So this is the only utility for changing the clock speed on this Brazos platform.

Forum Thread on this topic

Another Forum Thread on this topic

Download Here
http://code.google.com/p/brazostweaker/
Thnx Man! I was waiting for this....

Do you know the temp differences in your tests?

Edit: just read: idle the temps go down with 5 Celsius and on load with 8. Not bad at all.
I played around with it a bit more.

Setting the speed to 14.2ghz @ 1.05 volts compared with default 1.6ghz @ 1.3 volts lowered power usage from a fluctuating 20w-21w (stays at 21w more) to a stable 16w at 100% cpu usage running Orthos cpu stress test. Also the maximum temperature during Orthos dropped from 80 deg C to 68 deg C. Sacrificing only a tiny bit of speed reduced power consumption by almost 6 watts and temperature by 12 degrees C.

For some reason, changing the NB voltage doesn't seem to do anything in Brazostweaker. Please let me know if you figured out how to tweak the NB voltages.

Also you can download Cpu-Z to monitor your voltage and clock speeds and Coretemp to monitor your cpu temperatures.
jacky89 Wrote:I played around with it a bit more.

Setting the speed to 14.2ghz @ 1.05 volts compared with default 1.6ghz @ 1.3 volts lowered power usage from a fluctuating 20w-21w (stays at 21w more) to a stable 16w at 100% cpu usage running Orthos cpu stress test. Also the maximum temperature during Orthos dropped from 80 deg C to 68 deg C. Sacrificing only a tiny bit of speed reduced power consumption by almost 6 watts and temperature by 12 degrees C.

For some reason, changing the NB voltage doesn't seem to do anything in Brazostweaker. Please let me know if you figured out how to tweak the NB voltages.

Also you can download Cpu-Z to monitor your voltage and clock speeds and Coretemp to monitor your cpu temperatures.

If I'm correct, CPU-Z doesn't show correct temps....
I didn't use CPU-Z for temperature. I use Core Temp.

Also, to reduce power consumption even further, make sure you enable the dirty regions processing in the recent nightly builds and disable RSS Feed. They reduce power consumption by about 1.5-2watts each on the E-350.

Does anybody know of any utilities or methods to undervolt the Ion based boards? CrystalCPUID and RMapps don't work on the Zotac Ionitx board I have.
Are you able to run XBMC with your undervolt/underclock efforts without much effect?
if you have asrock e350m1 mobo, you can do this with asrock latest bios
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
yep, I can run 1080p bluray at 30fps running at about 1.0ghz at 1.05volts.
jacky89 Wrote:yep, I can run 1080p bluray at 30fps running at about 1.0ghz at 1.05volts.

Excellent! I'll definitely do this once I've set up my system.

BTW, no negative effect when navigating the XBMC interface?
I am using Brazos Tweaker with MSI E350IS-E45. Underclocking works fine, but changing Divider to less than 2 does not raise the clock above 1600 MHz. What am I doing wrong?
Why would you want to under clock and under volt the E350? It is already a low power CPU.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
I want to overclock it, sometimes I need just a little bit more power. OP said that it can also be overclocked with Brazos Tweaker, but somehow I can't do it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Undervolt, Underclock, Overclock AMD E-350 Zacate0