Overwhelmed by the Information Available!
Hey, I'm been researching here but I still have so many questions.

I want a media player which will switch on and boot into the media player very very quickly. I love the XBMC interface and I would like it to be able to play from a harddrive: MKV 720p/1080p anime, AVI, Divx, Mp3, etc. being able to toggle languages on and off with subtitles.
If possible, if it were able to stream content off my MBP, that would be brilliant.
Also if I were able to drag and drop files from my MBP to the XBMC, it would be awesome.

I also read playing SNES games and other games are possible (I already have a big fat gaming tower rig which is beasty and ugly Sad - i want a smallish form factor so i can put it under my TV). I'm not too bothered about this, it would just be a nice feature to show off.

Any suggestions on a setup? I'm pretty poor at the moment so the cheaper the better. I was looking at WD TV live setup but the reported bugs etc. were disheartening and the lack of support/updates. Some of the amazing rigs you have are outside my price range. Sad

Would an ATV/ATV2 be a better option? for me. I have a MBP if that helps. My main concern here would be jailbreaking it and apple not giving me a replacement. Also would it really be able to play everything I want back smoothly? Also would I still be able to get that really cool feature which lets me get information from IMDB etc.? How does that work? Does it always have to have wifi? Would I be able to stream from websites or is that a no-show?

BTW I have a Lacie External 500GB rugged HD which I'd like the device to be able to support. I'm unsure whether an ATV2 would because of my old DVD players USB hub doesnt provide enough power fot it.
Hey aaron,
I think the best place for your question(s) would be in the Hardware for HTPC Discussion section found lower on the bottom of the list of sub-forums.
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112
Nod
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overwhelmed by the Information Available!0