downgrade XBMC on ATV2
Hello fellow xbmc ... I have a problem. I have my xbmc atv2 with XBMC 11 and would like to install the previous version and it worked better and more fluid. Anyone know if you can install the previous version of XBMC and how HuhHuh

I feel my (probably) bad English but I used a translator ...

Thanks....
Ya, you just need to remove the current XBMC version and install the one you want.

To remove:
apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv

Then get the .deb file for the version you want and install with:
dpkg -i <name of deb file>
Thank you jd2157 for the solution...

For more info:

wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org...os-arm.deb

dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-7_iphoneos-arm.deb

rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-7_iphoneos-arm.deb

Thank you. Solved
Do you loose your addons and settings if you follow this procedure?

Thanks!
Quote:10.0_7 working better than 10.0_9 Aug 8th build

AH HAHAHAHAHA. oh you guys are so funny.
I also have a question about this.

I have an ATV2 running one of the older firmwares and XBMC 10.0.0-7. It's great, works without a hitch, is girlfriend-friendly, and plays all the files I have,

I just got a new ATV2 on 4.3. Because of the video API thing, I can't play h264 mp4 files on XBMC 10.0.0-7, but I'd prefer not to update to any of the newer releases. First, because a few of the addons I use don't work by default (yes, I'm aware of the way you can force addons working in newer versions). Second, because I prefer the MediaInfo / MediaInfo2 views in the old Confluence skin. I know many people won't agree with me on that, and that's okay. I suspect I will end up upgrading to a newer version once I have the chance to evaluate other skins or look into how it could be possible to modify Confluence to support something resembling the old MediaInfo / MediaInfo 2 views. In the meantime, though, it'd be great if I could avoid newer versions.

My idea was to update to a nightly build after the video issue was fixed but before 10.0.0-8. Unfortunately, when keith's server had some difficulties a few months ago, the archive of older nightly builds was removed. You can actually see a leftover remnant of this in the unofficial build thread (" Other nightly builds can be found at http://hadm.net/xbmc/.", although there are no other nightly builds, only the current one). I can't seem to find any mirrors anywhere else on the web, either. I hopped on IRC and keith suggested that I compile a build myself because the team didn't necessarily want to be providing support for old nightlies, which is totally understandable.

I'd be happy to compile a build myself, but there are a few issues with that too. I cloned the git archive (I've never used git before so that was kind of a bit of work to get done). I then reverted to around the point where the video change was made. But there's a problem. I'm running OSX Lion and only XCode 4 is available, not XCode 3... and the compile instructions for that revision of the source code say they require XCode 3. I'm not an experienced user of git or of XCode so I've sort of hit a wall.

So I guess what I'm asking is... could anyone compile and post a copy of the March 26th, 2011 nightly build on a site (either personal hosting or Megaupload)? If it's a hassle, I would be happy to make a donation to XBMC in your name. I would be very grateful. I suspect anyone capable of walking me through getting this done myself would be able to do a build themselves much more quickly Wink

Thanks very much.
bjr--I'm afraid I can't help you with your direct request...but I'm curious: Would not XCode 4 be compatible enough with XCode 3 to accomplish what you're trying to do? Is there something in XCode 3 that was removed in XCode 4 that prevents your using it for this purpose?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
canadave Wrote:bjr--I'm afraid I can't help you with your direct request...but I'm curious: Would not XCode 4 be compatible enough with XCode 3 to accomplish what you're trying to do? Is there something in XCode 3 that was removed in XCode 4 that prevents your using it for this purpose?

I have no idea because I don't really know anything about XCode. XCode 4 costs a few dollars and I didn't plan on buying it unless I was sure that it'd be compatible, so I searched it:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=105050
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99812
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101029
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107126

Most of these situations seem surmountable but I was already kind of wary of getting in a little over my head and most of the people starting these threads seem to be a good deal more experienced than I am and they were still running into trouble Wink
no way to compile xbmc on lion with xcode 4 till now ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:no way to compile xbmc on lion with xcode 4 till now ...

I will do my best to find a Snow Leopard machine with XCode 3 then and see if I will be able to compile on that.
If you have Lion installed then Xcode 4 will show up as free on the Mac App Store.
I managed to get a loaner machine from work running Snow Leopard. I figured I'd document my steps here as I try to compile the earlier nightly.

First I installed git on the machine, then I cloned into the XBMC repository by typing:
git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git xbmc

After downloading a few hundred megabytes, I had a folder called xbmc that contained all of the source. I didn't have a particular commit in mind to revert to, just anything after March 26th, 2011 and before the changes to Confluence, so what I did was:
git log --until="Mar 27, 2011"

I picked a random March 27th, 2011 commit and reverted to it:
git reset --hard 1e7e8519df463

When it reverted, I checked the git log again to be sure that the most recent commits were now March 27th, 2011. They were. So I now have a copy of XBMC as it was then, as far as I can tell.

The next step in the README file is to install Xcode, which I'm doing right now. Xcode is a pretty slow install, so I expect it to take a half an hour or so. Next I need to install cross libs and runtime environment, and then move on to the actual compile process. Smile

Edit:
- Xcode installed.
- Making ios-depends now to get the runtime environment setup. Smile Boy howdy that took a long time.
- Made the rest of the depends, now getting ready for the final compile step. Working fine. I see the occasional warning, but no errors. Smile
- Compiled fine, I now have a nice shiny XBMC.frappliance file and an XBMC.frappliance.DSYM file. I'm assuming I can just copy it over to the ATV2? I'll try to look up how to package it into a .deb file to easily put it up on Dropbox in case someone else is interested in it.
Hmm.

I copied the XBMC.frappliance folder onto the ATV2. My steps were:
mv /Applications/XBMC.frappliance /Applications/XBMC.frappliance.old
mv ~/XBMC.frappliance /Applications/XBMC.frappliance
ps -ax | grep AppleTV
kill -9 280 (that's the process id)

When the AppleTV comes back, no XBMC menu.

I did an ls -la and found out that the new frappliance was set to owner mobile group staff rather than owner root group wheel, so I did chown / chgrp. Killed the process again, no dice still.

I know the Info.plist file has something to do with the item appearing on the menu, so I ran the following command:
diff /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Info.plist /Applications/XBMC.frappliance.old/Info.plist

No differences, same file mode (644) on both directories. If I juggle the directories back so stock 10.0.0.7 is the folder and kill the process, XBMC comes back, so it's obviously something to do with the new install.

Any suggestions for why the new compile might not show up on the menu?

Syslog reports:
"Aug 12 20:54:10 Living-Room-Apple-TV AppleTV[329]: Appliance com.apple.frontrow.appliance.xbmc's principal class (null) does not conform to the BRAppliance protocol."

Edit 2:
I found the mkdeb utility, used that to make a .deb file, sftped it over, did apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2, and then did dpkg -i on my new deb file. It installed correctly, but same error message is in syslog when I go through the process again. So I guess something went wrong with the compile?
Hi,

I have the same problem with a
"dpkg -i ./org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm.deb" from the VDR-Portal
with error message
"Appliance com.apple.frontrow.appliance.xbmc's principal class (null) does not conform to the BRAppliance protocol".

Was there any solution to that problem ?
/BJ
"Appliance com.apple.frontrow.appliance.xbmc's principal class (null) does not conform to the BRAppliance protocol." Never seen it and I've compiled it several hundred times. Sounds like your plist is borked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
downgrade XBMC on ATV20