Digital audio via HDMI
hey all,

Upgraded the video card in my HTPC to a ASUS GT520 - with the nvidia high definition audio.

In XBMC I changed the settings to use the nvidia audio for output and digital, when I go to play back AC3 video files it says failure to initialize audio device. Within the video playback I change the settings to analogue and the sound then works again.

What am I doing wrong?

tempe.
bump...i'm having the same trouble, everything is fine via analog but will not initialize via digital
You might have figured this out, but just in case this is still a pending issue.

This might help out, but I cannot be sure because I cannot see the correct view of the card to see if this applies. Look at step 3 and click the link to see the actual drawing

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmviewf...aqid=58741

I have the older GTX 260 SC and GT 240 and both cards came with the small cable and the connection plug soldered on the card. They are really small so look on the card for it, usually on the top and to the rear of the card, but I saw some cards with the connector near the bottom close to the PCIe fingers.

Again, I am not sure if you GT 520 has this connector or not because some cards will just do HDMI Video only and no audio. I hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Digital audio via HDMI0