View-as dialog issue with Eden plugins
Hi Guy's

I'm have had a user complain that when they enter favourites that the 'view-as' menu shows and that they can only get rid of it by leaving favourites and re-entering favourites. Turns out the issue was not with favourites but with the plugin that was made a favourite.

Using the 26th of June windows build the very first time I enter the plugin the 'view-as' menu shows up until I leave the plugin and get back into the plugin. After the initial appearance the 'view-as' menu works correctly and I only see it when I actually select it.

Using 10.0-9 build for the AppleTV I have the same thing occur, but if I restart the skin the issue reappears (unlike on the Windows build).

The log file shows nothing to suggest what the issue is (there are NO error messages suggesting that focus is lost etc). This works correctly under Dharma, so what has changed between 10.1 and pre-Eden that would be causing an issue.

About the only difference between what I am doing and other are doing is that I have a LARGE visible condition (all scrollbar and view id's not having focus), but as it works under Dharma I don't understand why it does not work for pre-Eden.

Does anyone have any ideas as I am fresh out of them.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Seems to me that your visible condition is evaluating to true, which suggests that non of the scrollbars and view ids have focus yet. Does that sound accurate?

What has focus when this occurs? Nothing? Is the "defaultcontrol couldn't be focused" message pop up in the debug log?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Seems to me that your visible condition is evaluating to true, which suggests that non of the scrollbars and view ids have focus yet. Does that sound accurate?
Jonathan,

Yep spot on. I was having issues very similar to what I described that was caused by a couple of missing ids that I fixed. This helped a few of the instances, but not the Plugin one. I then threw in a fade animation to hide things until xbmc had a chance to evaluate the visible condition and that hid things just fine (except the view-as came back for the plugin after the fade finished). The code that I use at the top of each view-as section (they are all inside a group) is as follows
PHP Code:
<include name="View-as">
        <
animation effect="fade" time="200" delay="300">WindowOpen</animation>
        <
visible allowhiddenfocus="true">![Window.Next(Home)|Control.HasFocus(1)|Control.HasFocus(50)|Control.HasFocus(51)|Control.HasFocus(54)|Control.HasFocus(57)|Control.HasFocus(58)|Control.HasFocus(59) | Control.HasFocus(23)|Control.HasFocus(24)|Control.HasFocus(25)|Control.HasFocus(27)|Control.HasFocus(28)|Control.HasFocus(29)|Control.HasFocus(30)|Control.HasFocus(60)|Control.HasFocus(61)|Control.HasFocus(100)|Control.HasFocus(101)|Control.HasFocus(423)|Control.HasFocus(600)|Control.HasFocus(1254)|Control.HasFocus(1257)|Control.HasFocus(1258)|Control.HasFocus(1354)|Control.HasFocus(1357)|Control.HasFocus(1358)]</visible>
    </include> 
Quote:What has focus when this occurs? Nothing? Is the "defaultcontrol couldn't be focused" message pop up in the debug log?
Nada, There are NO messages in the log other than the usual deinit 'Foo' init 'Bar' messages you would normally see going from screen 'Foo' to screen 'Bar' and the clicking thru the views stuff. When I first went looking for the problem there where "couldn't focus" messages which I fixed as detailed above, but now there is nothing to pinpoint where the problem lies.

As I said before, I'm fresh out of ideas, thus the cry for help.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

So does nothing have focus after the issue occurs?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:So does nothing have focus after the issue occurs?
Jonathan,

Sorry, yes I guess from the fact that the only thing I can do is to ESC back to previous screen (in windows, MENU in AppleTV) that suggests that nothing has focus. If I return back to the plugin everything is just fine. In Windows I don't see the issue again, in AppleTV leaving the skin (in whatever) way and the cycle restarts again. Weird.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Shouldn't that condition be -

PHP Code:
![Window.Next(Home) + Control.HasFocus(1) + Control.HasFocus(50) + Control.HasFocus(51) + Control.HasFocus(54) + Control.HasFocus(57) + Control.HasFocus(58) + Control.HasFocus(59)  +  Control.HasFocus(23) + Control.HasFocus(24) + Control.HasFocus(25) + Control.HasFocus(27) + Control.HasFocus(28) + Control.HasFocus(29) + Control.HasFocus(30) + Control.HasFocus(60) + Control.HasFocus(61) + Control.HasFocus(100) + Control.HasFocus(101) + Control.HasFocus(423) + Control.HasFocus(600) + Control.HasFocus(1254) + Control.HasFocus(1257) + Control.HasFocus(1258) + Control.HasFocus(1354) + Control.HasFocus(1357) + Control.HasFocus(1358)] 
Control.HasFocus(1) + Control.HasFocus(50) == false no matter what Smile

The problem is not only "view as" pop up, also that it freeze select button and remote control or button control does not work in this case. And as I understand, in Drahma it was file mode by default, in pre Eden it is media mode (or library mode?) for video by default and not possible to turn it off on atv2, with Drahma in file mode there are no problems with control freeze and view as.
Hitcher Wrote:Shouldn't that condition be -

PHP Code:
![Window.Next(Home) + Control.HasFocus(1) + Control.HasFocus(50) + Control.HasFocus(51) + Control.HasFocus(54) + Control.HasFocus(57) + Control.HasFocus(58) + Control.HasFocus(59)  +  Control.HasFocus(23) + Control.HasFocus(24) + Control.HasFocus(25) + Control.HasFocus(27) + Control.HasFocus(28) + Control.HasFocus(29) + Control.HasFocus(30) + Control.HasFocus(60) + Control.HasFocus(61) + Control.HasFocus(100) + Control.HasFocus(101) + Control.HasFocus(423) + Control.HasFocus(600) + Control.HasFocus(1254) + Control.HasFocus(1257) + Control.HasFocus(1258) + Control.HasFocus(1354) + Control.HasFocus(1357) + Control.HasFocus(1358)] 
Hitcher,

Just writing about this got me thinking in a different direction. I had a thought to put the the 'view-as stuff into an id'd group and then change focus to the id of the group. And then I thought 'you know that sounds familiar'. It is, it's exactly what Ronie does with T!. Will give it a go and see how it goes.

As a side issue, I think why this is happening under Eden and not really under Dharma is because the the time it takes to evaluate the above visible condition means that focus is lost and can't be got back. Possibly Eden is a little quicker in rendering the screen than Dharma and so gets a little ahead of it self.

Will report back if that is the issue and if the code change helps.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Problem solved, recoded as I suggested and everything appears to be working properly. I have let my trusty wrecking crew loose on the changes, but the quick play I have had has turned up no problems.

Thanks for the suggestions from everyone, got me thinking in a different direction which is what the problem needed.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View-as dialog issue with Eden plugins0