Cleaned library; now it's gone; how to re-create?
I was running the latest stable 10-1 on Win 7 Home Premium. I decided to try the nightly build, as I quite like the interface there (I had been testing the nightly builds on Apple TV, so I knew what it looked like). Unfortunately, the library/scanning function is still completely broke. So I downgraded to 10-1, and I got a lot of errors about episodes not being available in the library any longer. So I did a "Clean Library", then told it to "Update library at startup", and re-started XBMC. When I restarted, it did not scan to rebuild the library, and now I have no library entries at all. Hitting "C" (for Context Menu) while on "Videos" on the main screen shows me no Library, only "Files" and "Addons".

I really need my library back. :-) Yes, I was an idiot, and didn't back it up, so I could just import it again. I am willing to let it rebuild from scratch, but how can I get it to do that, when scan on startup does nothing?

As a related question, how do you fix incorrect matches? I have some episodes of a TV series that is matching incorrectly (there are both a British and American version of this series), and I want to match the British version.

Thanks
1. Nuke your database and start again - reason being you can't revert back to an older database.

2. Check http://thetvdb.com/ and see how they're labelled.
Hitcher Wrote:1. Nuke your database and start again - reason being you can't revert back to an older database.

OK; how? What files do I delete? I keep finding references to the library, but not to the actual file(s) ....

Hitcher Wrote:2. Check http://thetvdb.com/ and see how they're labelled.

They are labeled correctly; they were all working and scraped correctly. It was just the one series that was mis-matched.
1. C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\

2. So you've added the country tags?

ie

The Office (UK) or The Office (US)
Hitcher Wrote:1. C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\

Do I delete all the files, or just the "MyVideos"? I deleted the "MyVideos", and nothing happened. No change - no library re-scan at startup, no option to update library.

Hitcher Wrote:2. So you've added the country tags?

ie

Yes. If I ever get the library to scan again, hopefully it will find it correctly this time ... :-)

I can try uninstalling completely and starting over. I tried the nightly build on my XP box (which accesses the same media files a my XBMC machine), and it found them fine. However, that was a completely clean install of XBMC. I will try the same on my HTPC ...

Will let you know. Thanks for the help.
Hitcher Wrote:1. Nuke your database and start again - reason being you can't revert back to an older database.

2. Check http://thetvdb.com/ and see how they're labelled.

How?
What files/folders to delete please?
Thank you
Hitcher Wrote:2. So you've added the country tags?

ie

Yes. Folder is "Eleventh Hour (UK). Inside is a file "Eleventh Hour.nfo", which contains a URL to the IMDB page. Each episode is "Eleventh.Hour.S01E01.avi".

Doesn't find it all now. Before it used to find it as a 1962 US TV show ...

:-)

Then again, the only scraper available is TheTVDB, not IMDB ....

Possibly a consequence of using the 2011-07-03 nightly build. Which, except for these library issues, is pretty nice ..
MikeLeone Wrote:Yes. Folder is "Eleventh Hour (UK). Inside is a file "Eleventh Hour.nfo", which contains a URL to the IMDB page. Each episode is "Eleventh.Hour.S01E01.avi".

Doesn't find it all now. Before it used to find it as a 1962 US TV show ...

:-)

Then again, the only scraper available is TheTVDB, not IMDB ....

Possibly a consequence of using the 2011-07-03 nightly build. Which, except for these library issues, is pretty nice ..

AH HA! Putting a space in the folder name ("Eleventh Hour (UK)"); adding the TVDB URL to the NFO file; and adding ".(UK)." to each episode name ... one of those worked, because now it found it. :-)

So I'm happy, for the moment. Hopefully, the library scanning issues will be resolved in a later build.

Thanks for your help and hints.
Nuke All Files in Database Folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cleaned library; now it's gone; how to re-create?0