Another blu-ray question..
I welcome myself to the forums!

I just recently discovered the beauty of XBMC and I've been using it for viewing videos..
I've been looking through the forums but I couldn't really find any discusions about thr subject that weren't at least a year old.

I'm planning to skip all the .mkv's in the near future and go blu-ray, all the way.. And the site, from which I get my films, only provide the contained files on the discs.
I mean it's never an image, of any sort, just a folder containing the files included on the blu-ray disc..

Is there any way to add films like this in a library? If not is there any other way to add blu-rays to a library without having to swap discs every time you change your mind about a film?

Regards.
I think its comming in xbmc version 11
Is this something anyone can confirm or perhaps provide a link to some upcoming changes/change log..

Cheers.
XBMC can currently read Bluray videos in folder format. Unfortunately, XBMC can't display all the nifty menus that come with bluray videos. So if you click on a bluray movie that is in your library, it'll load your movie straight up, skipping all the extras.
lack of DTS-MA true-HD too.
stabu Wrote:lack of DTS-MA true-HD too.

No comment.
So I'm guessing the reason to why Planet Earth won't work is because you have to pick which episode to play via the menus?

And you say that it lacks DTS-MA true-HD too.. I'm not entirely sure what that is but I'm guessing that it's still better than any encoded .mkv?
Oh.. Audio? Big Grin
Is it like 7.1 or something?
For the record, there's nothing wrong with mkv files. If the movie is ripped properly from the blu-ray there should be little or no quality loss at all from what you'll be able to see. I've got 1080p mkvs that I ripped from my own blu-rays, and you can't tell the difference between the 2. I actually find it fun to make some of my videophile friends try and guess which version is playing Big Grin

Now, I'm sure that there are people who will argue this point with me, but most people won't ever see the difference, and the files are a hell of a lot smaller.

EDIT: Also, yes, DTS-MA true-HD is audio, I believe it's generally 7.1. Never bothered me that it doesn't have it though, as only my desktop has more than basic speakers, and even then it's only a 5.1 system.
MKV is just a container. It can store high bitrate 1080p streams, DTS/DD/DTS-HD/TrueHD audio streams etc. It`s the same thing on a Blu Ray disk, which uses m2ts as the container.

You can rip a Blu Ray disk to the HDD into an MKV container with something like MakeMKV without compression to keep the quality (MakeMKV doesn`t even have an encoder to compress anyway), or use DVD Fab to rip it into a disk structure. XBMC can read both
You can also just get the main m2ts and remux to mkv. It's without loss in quality of any kind. A remux just changes the container but leaves the AV streams untouched (you could re-encode to FLAC though, which you should if you run Linux and the source is DTS-HD (MA)).
So I'm guessing the reason to why Planet Earth isn't working is because it's episodes devided and selected by the actual blu-ray meni which isn't working..
Hmm.. When I think about it doesn't even load any information about! Might be the name of the folder, or something.. Looking into it when I get back home..

Cheers for all quick the reply's! ^_^
If you care for playback DTS-HD and TrueHD using XBMC, you can follow these instructions:

1. Download Windows 7 Codecs Pack
2. Download RealTek HD audio codecs
3. MPC-HC
4. Download DirectX 11 For Windows 7 Download
5. Download AnyDVD HD
6. How to integrate MPC-HC in XBMC- Using MPC HC As Your Video Player In XBMC
7. Yes, both m2ts and mkv can includes DTS-HD and TrueHD codecs. You can create it with these - MakeMKV and TSMuxer

Please download everything from the provided links and follow this FFDshow/MPC-HC settings. If you are using W7 x64, you have to set FFDshow for both x32 and x64 the same way. You can try to playback BD file using MPC-HC by itself first, and you can use XBMC to verify it afterward. If everything works correctly, you should see DTS-HD and TrueHD display on your AVR.
Here's my working batch files and playercorefactory.xml file.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=8...post837224
YodaEXE Wrote:EDIT: Also, yes, DTS-MA true-HD is audio, I believe it's generally 7.1. Never bothered me that it doesn't have it though, as only my desktop has more than basic speakers, and even then it's only a 5.1 system.

In my personal experience the majority of blu-rays I find have DTS-HD, some TrueHD, but either way most are still 5.1 .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another blu-ray question..0