CPU experience
Hi

I have an Acer Revo old modle, Atom 230 and I have come across the hardware requirement

"Fast modern dual-core processor is required to decode H.264 videos in FullHD (1080p). "

Sounds like atom 230 is far away from enough.

Could you share your experience how is low spec Atoms working with H264 720P or 1080P

Cheers

Regards RW
If your Revo is Nvidia ION based, you are good to go. The Hardware will decode full HD for you.

check those video settings in xbmc:
on linux: VDPAU
on windows: dxva2
Going to use Live install, should be based on ubuntu Linux
if you wanna try something fast either install this to disk or partition. Its the fastest way to see immediate results. Unless you wanna go under the bonnet. openelec for ION.

see website for info.
Thank you.

As I can see openelec is a cut-down version of XBMC. I can't find any documentations regarding to what has been taken off or a comparison between these two

Cheers RW
XBMCLive is debian ubuntu based openelec is purpose built Linux from scratch. (makes openelec much lighter but also a bit "blonde" and harder for Linux n00bs), you wont find a comparison list because it doesn't exist except for a the description which is a bit incorrect still, when it comes to xbmclive.

all you need to know is there is a chance that overall, more work into getting XBMCLive to work ok out of the box including hw acceleration and sound.

With openelec this is probably not an issue in fact the chances are reduced greatly.

However if you want to add programs to openelec the job becomes and requires heavier Linux knowledge not the case with XBMCLive.

this is the basics I suggested openelec for 2 reasons.

1) it will show you what is possible to archive your your hw faster than XBMCLive because all common XBMCLive problems with the underlying Linux base (even though they nothing alike) have been addressed.

2) because even after providing you with links to website and download you still asked a question that was for better or worst addressed on their website.

cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CPU experience0