• 5(current)
TubeToTV - Chrome Extension
The ability to pause and stop the video would be nice!
(2012-07-31, 21:00)Hjord Wrote: The ability to pause and stop the video would be nice!
I usually have my remote lie around anyway, that's why it never occurred to me, but I'll have a look at it, thanks for the suggestion!

marco
Finally found the time to add playlist support.
Just click on the little '+' next to the XBMC button, which will append the current video at the end of the playlist.
So, i might be losing my mind, but the button to send to xbmc used to be right above the video, now I don't see it anywhere. I've tried reinstalling the extension, but other than that I'm not sure where I should be looking. What did I break?
No, it is not just you, but let me explain.

Youtube is in the progress to change his layout, once again. I've discovered this yesterday and proceeded to adapt the chrome extension. What I didn't knew by that time is, that they only activated the new layout to some people.

For now the plugin works only on the new Layout, where the button itself has been moved under the video, in order to be more in line with the new design of the site.
It will look like this then:

Right now I am looking for how long it takes youtube to roll out this change to everybody, but I'll probably end up adding the old code again and pushing an update as soon as possible.

Ahhhhh I sort of figured it was something like that, but I figured it was worth checking on. Thanks for putting all this work into the extension. I use it all the time.
My button had disappeared as well. I deleted the extension from chrome, and installed the latest version in the original post.

my problem now is that the button is there but it just doesnt' work. It tellls me t put the IP Address into the extentions options but when i try to do that there is already an ip address in the field and it's in grey text and i can't edit it.

so i tried in desperation to use the xbmc+ button and put my ip address in there but whilst that has given me an extra xbmc button in youtube neither buttons work. the 2nd button which should have the proper ip address, doesnt give me any error on screen but just isn't working.

when i go back to the options i can nly see one xbmc entry (the original greyed out one, and not my newly added proper ip address entry.

sorry t waffle, can anyone give me any pointers or ideas?

ps im using chrominium on linux (Version 19.0.1084.52) so maybe that is an old version of chrome i have or something?
ps. brilliant work btw.
I've pushed the 1.0.4 update, which should fix the issue, a few hours ago.

Normally Chrome auto updates it pretty quickly in your browser, but if it doesn't you can head over to the extension settings page and enable "Developer Mode" in the upper right corner, this shows the "Update extensions now" button.

Press it and all your addons will be checked if a new version is available and update.
Curious, I tried to send the live stream of the jump on Sunday from Chrome to my XBMC Eden install but it failed. Is this a limitation of XBMC itself or the extension?
It's limited on the XBMC side.
This works great! I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would great if you could change "xbmc" on the button to "bedroom" or something like that. I have multiple XBMC installs, so I have to remember which button is which.
Thank you for the suggestion.

I'll see what I can do about it.
FYI stopped showing the buttons on youtube.com since today.
Thanks for the heads up!

It was only a minor change on youtube, but I've uploaded a fix just now. Your extension should update automatically or you can force an update if you go on the extensions page in chrome and enable "Developer Mode" in the upper right corner. You'll see a button to update all extensions then.
Thx for your fast response, working fine again!

Great extension btw!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TubeToTV - Chrome Extension2