r779 - Thumbs in Artist View are fantastic!
I have compiled r779 and I've been running it successfully for a view days now.

Gabor, the artist thumbnails in the Artist View look great! The option to look up artist details is impressive!

Can you please make the layout of the Artist View the same as the Album View?
Currently pictures are cut off on all sides (at least on my tablet 10.1" 1024x600).
Any hints on how to compile? I downloaded all the software from the wiki but could not compile successfully. I've compiled XBMC builds many times but I couldn't figure out this android stuff.
paco@ Give us more details where/why the compilation fails? Is there any error message?
gfoldv Wrote:paco@ Give us more details where/why the compilation fails? Is there any error message?

I originally tried to compile on my Windows 7 x64 PC but the Android SDK would not install correctly. I then used a VMWare Virtual PC (Windows XP Pro) and everything installed correctly. I ran into an issue with the Android SDK where it didn't like paths with spaces so I moved it to the root of C.

If I load the workspace in Eclipse and run it, the apps runs fine on the Android VM machine (I made it with specs identical to my phone). I select Export Unsigned Application and create the apk file. I connect my phone and try to install the APK. It starts the install and after a few secs of the progress bar I get "Application Not Installed".
If you install your own compiled version then you need to remove the market version first since the signature keys are not identical.
gfoldv Wrote:If you install your own compiled version then you need to remove the market version first since the signature keys are not identical.

Thanks for the reply but after playing with the Android VM I finally tracked down the issue. The issue was signing. I kept choosing 'export unsigned' and that would cause the install to fail on my phone. Once I created a key store and signed the apk, it worked fine.

IMO the signing info should be included in the wiki. Since I've never compiled android apps I never knew about app signing.
AussieFries Wrote:Can you please make the layout of the Artist View the same as the Album View?
Currently pictures are cut off on all sides (at least on my tablet 10.1" 1024x600).

Yes, the same happens on my Asus Eee Pad Transfomer tablet. It would be nice if the Artist view was the same size as the Album view. It probably needs a little tweak. It looks perfect on my phone.

Hopefully the author adds the Details view for albums as well. I like looking up the bios from time to time.
If I understand you guys well the problem is that the otherwise portrait or landscape artist thumbnails are shown as squares therefore either the top/bottom or the sides are chopped off. Is that so?

paco@ The album details popup is in the application already.
gfoldv Wrote:If I understand you guys well the problem is that the otherwise portrait or landscape artist thumbnails are shown as squares therefore either the top/bottom or the sides are chopped off. Is that so?

paco@ The album details popup is in the application already.

Yes the album details is there but it only shows the album cover and if you select it, the track listing. In Artists, the details also brings up the biography. 90% of my albums have a review as well.

Here are some captures of a phone and a tablet. The phone is perfect. The tablet has enlarged icons for Album and Song views but small views for Artists, Genres and everything else. As well, the artist thumbs are cropped. If you compare the phone and tablet artist views you will see the cropping.

Phone:
ImageImage

Tablet:
ImageImage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
r779 - Thumbs in Artist View are fantastic!0