Theres only one thing thats stopping me from going to Dharma!! HELP PLEASE!!!
Hey all... Ive been using my Acer Revo 1600 for my HTPC for about a year now on the last stable release before dharma... i wanna say 10.1??

ANYWAY.

I want to go to dharma soon, but there is one thing stopping me... when I loaded dharma up on my test machine, and added my movie share (movies shared from my server) it finds the movies, but it doesnt scrape them.

For every one of my movies I use ember media manager to get the fan art, file info etc, and they are all named correctly, and I have my current xbmc to update on boot, and it searches the folder for fan art etc and works fine.

But on the new dharma, the only way to get the fan art or file info to show in library view, is to actually right click the folder in the other view, and click update, and then it adds the fan art to the database...

I tried clicking update on the top level of the movie folder but that doesnt work... i really dont want to go through and update all 200 something of my movies...

is there any easy way to update the library?

im not sure if I explained it right, but i searched the forums for quite a bit and it doesnt seem like anyone has a way to do itHuh

PS. i had to do the manual update back in the day when I only had like 50 movies, and that sucked!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!
1st: 10.1 = Dharma

2nd: if you already have a movie library, when you launch the dharma version or xbmc, it will upgrade your library to be usable with dharma (no need to rebuild the library)

3rd: if you used ember for your library, that must mean you have NFO files for each movie, so even if you had to rebuild your library, it would be ok since all your info is in NFO files

4th: after adding your movie source, you have to set the content on the source to movies for your movies to be added to the movie library

I hope this helps you
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

The_Dogg Wrote:1st: 10.1 = Dharma

2nd: if you already have a movie library, when you launch the dharma version or xbmc, it will upgrade your library to be usable with dharma (no need to rebuild the library)

3rd: if you used ember for your library, that must mean you have NFO files for each movie, so even if you had to rebuild your library, it would be ok since all your info is in NFO files

4th: after adding your movie source, you have to set the content on the source to movies for your movies to be added to the movie library

I hope this helps you

Ok, i did all that. set the movie source content to movies, and it adds them all, but when I set the view to be library instead of folder view (?) it doesnt show ANY movies, unless I do this:

Go to folder view, go Movies-> pick a movie, for example say Insidipus, right click on the Insidious folder, click on update (? or maybe its scan for updates or scan for changes or whatever it is) then it will add all the NFO, fan art, etc to the xbmc library.

Then I can go back into Library view, but only Insidious will be showing, with all the fan art, info etc.
Have you tried right clicking on your movies folder and do "scan for new content" ?

This should add them all in 1 shot

The_Dogg Wrote:Have you tried right clicking on your movies folder and do "scan for new content" ?

This should add them all in 1 shot

Thats the one! "Scan for new content"

If I do that on a per movie folder basis one at a time, it works, but if I do the entire Movie folder, it doesnt work. ahhh!
Ah! so all your movies are in separate folders aren't they?

if so, do edit content on your source, and make sure you tick the option "Use folder names for lookups"

after that do scan for new content on your source (not a movie folder)
ie:

D:\Movies\ <------ do scan for new content here
-----> MovieName\

The_Dogg Wrote:Ah! so all your movies are in separate folders aren't they?

do edit content on your source, and make sure you tick the option "Use folder names for lookups"

after that do scan for new content on your source (not a movie folder)
ie:

D:\Movies\ <------ do scan for new content here
-----> MovieName\

Hmmmmmm ill give that a shot, although im like 65% sure when i set the content type to movies, I did check that... although who knows...

ill give it a shot when I go home for lunch!! =D
if it doesnt work, enable debug logging, do scan for new content and post the debug log file here (using pastebin.com)

someone with more knowledge of the application might be able to help you with a debug log Smile

your going to want to do a recursive scan to make sure that when scanning in the media it gets down into all the folders.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Theres only one thing thats stopping me from going to Dharma!! HELP PLEASE!!!0