Per source settings
Please can someone confirm that it is not currently possible to have different settings (such as audio delay, volume offset) per source. I ask specifically because when I switch from MythTV recordings to IPlayer, the output volume jumps dramatically.

What I'd like to do is be able:
1) specify various settings separately per source.
2) add volume offset to the available settings (as I don't think there is currently anything in this area).

I an an experienced software engineer so if it is not currently possible, could someone give me a hint about:
1) whether functionality of this kind would be accepted.
2) how it should be approached (I would have thought adding settings to sources.xml or advancedsettings.xml would be OK)
3) Where in the code I would be best advised to add a volume offset feature.
4) Provide a recommendation about other settings that could be managed this way (I'd probably also do the default aspect ration as well due to my usage patterns).

Cheers

Daniel
I'm not sure that per-source is the way to go here, as most sources are in fact just filebased sources, and thus the type of file rather than the source determines the volume. Your problem appears to be rather that specific streaming protocols (or perhaps only one subgroup of those protocols) have lower or higher volume than others.

Which, out of your myth streams and iplayer streams are more the norm? Are they consistent across all streams from those protocols?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

All my MythTV content comes from DVB-T recordings (mainly BBC) and they tend to have a consistent volume level.

Similarly all the IPlayer content is from the BBC and has a consistent volume level.

The IPlayer stuff however is always significantly higher.

I don't use any other streaming sources enough to establish whether there is any other pattern.

The reasons I was suggesting per-source is that I also require diffent aspect settings for these two sources (MythTV should be actual size - as I am driving an SD television over VGA->RGB convertor - and IPlayer should be Normal) so I could kill both birds with one stoneSmile Of course this 2nd issue could also be solved with specifying settings per file resolution - but I don't believe that is supported at the moment either.
There's an auto-zoom functionality available for 4x3 videos I believe, yes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Per source settings0