How do you organize your movies?
If you're wondering how to manually edit the nfo file to sort, here's an excerpt of the first few lines of the NFO for X2 screenshot above...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <createdby>My Movies</createdby>
  <title>X2: X-Men United</title>
  <originaltitle>X2: X-Men United</originaltitle>
  <sorttitle>X-Men 02</sorttitle>
  <rating>8</rating>
  <year>2003</year>
fryed_1 Wrote:If you're wondering how to manually edit the nfo file to sort, here's an excerpt of the first few lines of the NFO for X2 screenshot above...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <createdby>My Movies</createdby>
  <title>X2: X-Men United</title>
  <originaltitle>X2: X-Men United</originaltitle>
  <sorttitle>X-Men 02</sorttitle>
  <rating>8</rating>
  <year>2003</year>
^ thx, i'll give it a try...
i thought my issue was that i refused to use the library view in confluence since it seems like overkill for me so since i am just using the file viewer it would just sort them lexicographically (which isnt such a big deal).
I use the following:

root/Movies/movie.1080p.mkv
root/Movies/movie2.avi
root/TV Shows/tvshows/season 01/tvshow - S01E01 - ep.title.mkv
root/DVD_ISOs/movies.iso
root/Kids/DVD/kidsmovie.iso
root/Kids/kids.1080p.mkv
root/Kids/kids2.avi

I separated out kids movies so that I can make an easy smartlist for my kids. I keep all the nfo/fanart/tbns in the same folders. I have been thinking of rebuilding my movie library to a little different format. Each movie needs its own folder to support extrafanart so I have been tossing the idea around but I am not sure I want to go threw the effort.

SoBBie
super_sobbie Wrote:I use the following:

root/Movies/movie.1080p.mkv
root/Movies/movie2.avi
root/TV Shows/tvshows/season 01/tvshow - S01E01 - ep.title.mkv
root/DVD_ISOs/movies.iso
root/Kids/DVD/kidsmovie.iso
root/Kids/kids.1080p.mkv
root/Kids/kids2.avi

I separated out kids movies so that I can make an easy smartlist for my kids. I keep all the nfo/fanart/tbns in the same folders. I have been thinking of rebuilding my movie library to a little different format. Each movie needs its own folder to support extrafanart so I have been tossing the idea around but I am not sure I want to go threw the effort.

SoBBie

hehe. It took me like 4 days when I had 900 movies or so but it was worth it. The scrapers hit the right movie about 98% of the time now with no interaction, plus it's a ton cleaner. Sometimes I find I'll have a bad movie, corrupted, bad rip, etc... and I can just wipe out the directory instead of searching for up to a dozen files associated with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you organize your movies?0