xbmc live shutting down on it's own!
This is really puzzling me. My wife was watching a movie when all of a sudden XBMC shutdown and powered off the computer.

It's now doing it reliably after a few minutes of being on. I can't see anything in the xbmc log or the /var/log/messages showing where this shutdown command is coming from.

I did have a SSH session open to it, and saw this..

Broadcast message from root@XBMCLive
(unknown) at 21:52 ...

The system is going down for halt NOW!

Zotac Ion box, running XBMC Live 10.1 installed to SSD.

Any ideas? What log should I be looking at? I haven't made any changes. So frustrating.
3 things that come to my mind...

1. automatic shutdown of the mainboard
maybe Bios setting to prevent damage through temperature

2. unlikely but in case you use an infrared remote and you got your htpc set in a sunny
place the ir radiation from the sun might be an influence to the ir receiver
sounds funny but I had several issues with ir devices when mice still had balls Big Grin

3. you got a bad firewall and someone is in your system, you could check for commands
in the bash
Thanks for the feedback, the shutdown does not occur if XBMC is not running. I checked the cpu/gpu temp, both are well with in range. Don't have an IR remote.

Bash history only show my commands, and no other log in attempts. Crazy.

tequila Wrote:3 things that come to my mind...

1. automatic shutdown of the mainboard
maybe Bios setting to prevent damage through temperature

2. unlikely but in case you use an infrared remote and you got your htpc set in a sunny
place the ir radiation from the sun might be an influence to the ir receiver
sounds funny but I had several issues with ir devices when mice still had balls Big Grin

3. you got a bad firewall and someone is in your system, you could check for commands
in the bash

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc live shutting down on it's own!0