movies won't play fluently
Hi,

I have 2 apple tv2s. one on the newest firmware the other on 4.2. But the movies won't play fluently. Its not a network problem, but it looks like the hardware performence it's so good. It looks like every 10 seconds a few frames will be skipped. Is not a uge problem but it irritates me.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Near as I can tell from reading through the forums, the most common problem is the content delivery.

How are you sharing your movies with the atv2s? Smb (windows) sharing can introduce lag even though network may be perfect.

Also: Can you post some details on the media you're trying to play? Bitrate, resolution, etc. Smile
Hi had the same issue. Double check for samba/FTP performance. You could then check the frame rate of your content. I mostly watch 25 Hz content (US TV series) on my Samsung TV to which the ATV2 established a 60Hz connection. I then set Video Sync on in XBMC settings and set it to "audio" which totally eliminated any issues.
robinthart Wrote:Hi,

I have 2 apple tv2s. one on the newest firmware the other on 4.2. But the movies won't play fluently. Its not a network problem, but it looks like the hardware performance it's so good. It looks like every 10 seconds a few frames will be skipped. Is not a huge problem but it irritates me.

Any ideas?

First idea is reading the note on how to post looking for help:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480

It's probably not necessary to do everything in that post unless your atv2 is crashing but you need to at least specify version information for iOS, Apple TV software and XBMC. Saying you're on 4.2 could mean either iOS 4.2 or Apple TV 4.2, i.e. it's not specific enough.

The link above will tell you where to find your XBMC version information... which is more important for troubleshooting. Also, explaining why you believe it's not a network problem is useful info.
nachtzwerg Wrote:... I mostly watch 25 Hz content (US TV series) on my Samsung TV to which the ATV2 established a 60Hz connection. I then set Video Sync on in XBMC settings and set it to "audio" which totally eliminated any issues.

Thanks for that tip! As I'm limited to smb sharing at the moment this really cut down on lag Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movies won't play fluently0