What do you all think of the new Xtreamer models?
Has anyone had a look at the new Xtreamer models, I was very tempted to buy one of these but decided to build my on HTPC because of the poor HD playback and lack of certain features. However some of these new models seem to lend themselves to XBMC even more than the previous ones. What do you all think... I might need to start saving for a box for the bedroom TV!

Sidewinder 2 and Upgraded Prodigy
Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer with WHS2011 with 8.4TB
HTPC: Wesena ITX6B, ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe, picoPSU+Brick, BlackGold BGT3620, 64GB RealSSD C300, 4GB RAM
AV Setup: Denon AVR-1909, Denon DVD-1800BD, Panasonic TX-P50VT30B, Mordant-Short Alumni 7.1 Speakers
to me, i've learned from the past, meaning, XTREAMER = DONT BUY!!
I have to say their website doesn't fill me with confidence, it all looks a bit too flashy without substance. Did you get XBMC running on one?
Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer with WHS2011 with 8.4TB
HTPC: Wesena ITX6B, ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe, picoPSU+Brick, BlackGold BGT3620, 64GB RealSSD C300, 4GB RAM
AV Setup: Denon AVR-1909, Denon DVD-1800BD, Panasonic TX-P50VT30B, Mordant-Short Alumni 7.1 Speakers
I've had the Xtreamer MK1 and loved it, overall had a very positive experience. Played virtually everything I threw at it. Their models are great for what they are. If you want to use XBMC you'll need to get the Xtreamer Ultra though, which is Atom D525 based.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Yeah my brother got a Xtreamer Ultra. I installed win7 for him, ran XBMC within Win7 and
also off the flash drive they provide. XBMC runs better on Win7 since it's running off the
internal hard drive. But I'm guessing if you have everything transferred from that USB flash
drive into the internal hard drive, then it should run smoothly Smile which I've been reading
around to find out how to do that. Any tips anyone? ^_^ overall it looks cool and it seems
powered enough to run XBMC in full HD. I played with it 2 days... It's not mine...
but besides a Xtreamer Ultra box, what else would be in the same level or better?
I have Xtreamer Ultra, Its junk!
The only reason i havent bought a new system is becouse i cant find a Mobo with passive cooling and external psu, and the ability to wake up with remote, OR a chassi that is small enough...

Xtreamer ultra = Expensive junk
mac666 Wrote:Xtreamer ultra = Expensive junk

+1
mac666 Wrote:I have Xtreamer Ultra, Its junk!
The only reason i havent bought a new system is becouse i cant find a Mobo with passive cooling and external psu, and the ability to wake up with remote, OR a chassi that is small enough...
Get a mITX zacate motherboard, a picopsu, a harmony remote and a hp ir receiver. This will do everything you listed. There are lots of options out there for SFF mITX cases.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
mac666 Wrote:I have Xtreamer Ultra, Its junk!

Xtreamer ultra = Expensive junk

Mixed opinions.. I just sold my Ultra yesterday on Amazon but not because of poor performance it's just that I didn't need two HTPC 's after building a DIY. Overall, my experience with the Ultra was all positive. Very snappy with an SSD/W7 and the audio/video were fantastic. The only thing I found it lacking was HD audio bit streaming an original advertised feature but eventually retracted. Pretty much falls into Group #5 but prebuilt.
CpTHOOK Wrote:The only thing I found it lacking was HD audio bit streaming an original advertised feature but eventually retracted.

Hence why i hate that XTREAMER company,,

THere notorious for big advertisement campaigns and good looking stuff
but in the END, some features it 'supposed' to have never materialize...
Good to know guys! Thank you for all the info on Xtreamer!
Instead of buying that, looks like I'll be building my own HTPC.
I'm looking to spend $500. on the parts... Feel free to throw ideas at me Smile
If you were going to build one today, what parts would you be buying to build a #6 or
beyond category HTPC? Thanx in advance.
wsume99 Wrote:Get a mITX zacate motherboard, a picopsu, a harmony remote and a hp ir receiver. This will do everything you listed. There are lots of options out there for SFF mITX cases.

Can you please link a good zacate mb?
I have a mATX Zacate MB but from what I can see there are 3 mITX options...

Basic board w/ HDMI: ASRock E350M1 = $100

USB 3.0 + HDMI: MSI E350IA-E45 = $140

Passive cooling + on-board wifi + USB 3.0 + HDMI: ASUS E35M1-I DELUXE = $180
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What do you all think of the new Xtreamer models?0